We’re looking for fast-learning, creative, technically minded team members with a heart to serve the best content creators on the web.
This position can be in-office in NYC or remote work-from-home. Remote U.S. candidates are encouraged to apply.
AdThrive.com helps serious bloggers make more money with the ads on their site by acting as their trusted expert guide in the wild-west like world of online advertising. This means helping them figure out which ad placements to use, how to develop an ad strategy, and then actually installing that strategy for them. Through our work, we’re help the best creators and contributors on the web, people who have a passion their craft (cooking, decorating, parenting, finance, investing) get to write about their passion and be paid to live their dream. We help bloggers leave their full-time jobs and stay home with their kids. We help struggling families pay their bills and find hope. We support the people who are creating the internet!
As an AdThrive Wordpress Support & Happiness Engineer, you’re the kind of person who is passionate about helping people. It shapes your worldview. Perhaps you’re already active in helping people online through the WordPress.com or WordPress.org forums, or contribute to other online communities like GitHub, StackOverflow, StudioPress, etc. The thought of helping families earn enough money for one parent to stay home or to cover their mortgage gives you goosebumps.
We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to connect with creative publishers and get the job done for them. We do this through listening to their needs, understanding their goals, and then guiding them to the best outcome through the use of the advertising strategies we have mastered over time. We’re looking for fast-learning, creative, technically minded team members with a heart to serve the best content creators on the web.
Day in the Life:
- Crafting thoughtful, personal responses to client questions in our support system (Zendesk)
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems on client websites (mostly WordPress)
- Analyzing ad layouts and earnings
- Making recommendations for improvements in ad layouts
- Onboarding new clients by installing ads on their sites
- Being an active member of a distributed team via tools like Slack, G Suite, Zoom, Zendesk, Appear.in and more
- Understanding the needs of online publishers and crafting unique solutions to best serve their goals
- Building on our community of support, knowledge, documentation, and resources to help our team serve our publishers
- Working to understand a new development in the community/industry, overcoming new obstacles, and embracing a fast-paced virtual work environment
You’ll do well if you have:
- Patience, grace, a sense of humor, and some moderate GIF sharing abilities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A knack for taking technical language and making it understandable
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions
- A desire to make everything you touch better
- Genuine desire to help others solve problems and succeed
- High level of comfort working in a fast paced environment
- Experience editing custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Experience with common plugins such as W3 Total Cache and WooCommerce
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics
- Strong Written Communication (web-based copy, preferred)
- Fluent understanding of online ecosystems (server and client side structure, hosting, CDN’s, pagespeed tests, front-end site optimization)
- Commitment to AdThrive’s Mission Statement
We do have a lot of applicants come through for this position. Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following points in your email/cover:
1. Tell us what books you’ve read about online publishing or customer service and what you thought of them.
2. Did you ever participate in an amazing customer support team? Tell us more about that and what made it so memorable?
3. What online support communities have you contributed to? Link us to your profile there.
4. Are you driven to learn new things? Tell us about an accomplishment in your life that you’re proud of, or the last time you learned something new.
5. Have you been at this for a while? Link us to a portfolio or examples of recent work.
There is limitless opportunity here for the person who makes themselves valuable. We’re a young company and growing fast, so strong leaders and strong performers will have opportunity to grow and see increasing responsibility.