Junior WordPress Developer with some experience, who wants to learn more
I am looking for a junior developer with some WordPress experience to help out on client projects.
Specifically, I’m looking for someone who is willing and able to learn, but already has some understanding of WordPress theming and functionality. I am willing to help teach the right person how to use a modern web development stack to build custom Wordpress sites.
A good fit would be who someone has a basic or above understanding of the following tasks:
- Front end web development
- Front end web tooling
- WordPress theme development
The work would involve maintenance tasks on existing client sites, which would help to ground the applicant in the web development stack being used. It would also involve helping me in building components of new sites, or working on existing sites that need revision.
We would be working in close proximity to start, with the view to the applicant being able to work their own hours if all goes well.
- Have a keen interest in web development and associated technologies
- Should have their own laptop to work from
- Can set up and work from a LAMP stack on their local machine
- Is willing to learn how to use the shell/terminal
- Can work remotely when required
- Is able to self-start and learn further technical information required for a task, if needed (Google and Stack Overflow come to mind)
- Is reliable
The successful applicant would learn how to use a modern web development stack, which in this case is:
- bitbucket.org for hosting private git repositories
- NPM for running Grunt/Gulp
- Bower for package management of third party scripts
- Grunt/Gulp for task management eg compiling SCSS, minifying, concatenating, theme code deployment
- Foundation for Sites used as the front-end framework
- SCSS for generating CSS
- Related tools (Git, BASH shell, Chrome Developer Tools)