Our mission at GiveWP is to provide anyone, anywhere with the most secure, optimized, and flexible open source WordPress fundraising plugin. We are looking for a strong WordPress Developer to create code that can withstand high profile sites and intense loads. We are currently building the next generation of GiveWP, and we need a teammate to help lead the charge with exception front-end excellence.
This role is fully remote and will collaborate with a cross-functional team to architect and develop durable, extensible, and secure code.
This position requires experience going beyond building websites into building web applications. You would be working in a complex application that spans dozens of add-ons which do everything from integrating with 3rd party services, to processing money through gateways, and improving the base product with exciting new features. Our products are constantly growing and improving, so this requires thinking about how to create a core product that is extensible. This requires a strong understanding of application architecture, OOP PHP skills, and JS + React skills. We push the boundaries of modern WordPress architecture, so if you feel ready to jump into this and hit the ground running, then we’re looking for you!
- Develop new software solutions and maintain existing applications
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and objectives
- Work in teams of 2-3 with project specifications and execute as a team
- Create, review, and update technical documentation
- Collaborate with the team to explore individual and product growth opportunities
- Write unit and integration tests to validate code function
- Execute bug fixes with long-term prevention in mind
- Measure results of implemented solutions
- Participate in troubleshooting/triaging of issues and document them appropriately
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience building custom WordPress solutions
- Skilled at crafting modern PHP (ex: autoloading, dependency management, dependency injection, templating libraries, automated testing, OOP, and/or frameworks like Symfony or Laravel, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of MySQL
- Basic knowledge of the product development life cycle
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Exceptional HTML & CSS (including experience with PostCSS or Sass and BEM) skills
- A passion for improving software/systems
- Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision
- Advanced JS knowledge (state management, testing, async operations, etc.)
- Experience with developing blocks for the Block Editor
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Experience with JS application frameworks
- Experience with server technologies like Redis or Elasticsearch
- Experience building sites that are accessible (you’ve worked with WAI-ARIA and done WCAG 2.0+ AA/Section 508 work) and performant (working knowledge of best practices)
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options – Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.