Wordpress Web Developer, Full-Time (remote)
Wordpress Web Developer, Full-Time
We’re Aalto (pronounced “Alto” like the saxophone… not “A-Alto”), a creative agency focused on building websites and digital projects that elevate experiences, alleviating problems of the everyday user.
Our ideal candidate works well in a fast-paced environment and embraces the daily challenge. Working across multiple projects, the ability to collaborate effectively with designers, strategists and project managers, as well as attention to detail in their work, is key to succeeding here at Aalto. We pride ourselves on being problem solvers, not hired hands.
Things we’re looking for:
● Previous client work
● Advanced PHP WordPress Development (Custom fields (ACF), Custom post types, Custom queries, Gutenberg block development)
● Wordpress theme development … we work with custom theme development. We don’t buy themes and hack things together.
● Working knowledge of version controlling systems like Git, clear understanding of Gitflow workflow, repository management tools like BitBucket and understanding of overall CI/CD process
● Experience interfacing with different API types
● Experience with Model-View-Controller (MVC) design/architectural patterns
Things you’ll do:
● Collaborate with the team to develop and maintain WordPress-based websites & plugins and Laravel-based web applications.
● Meet with team members to discuss challenges, new development practices, and work on team processes. Aalto is about continued learning and team meetings are a perfect way to become teacher and student.
● Work closely with designers and strategists to develop projects that meet (and exceed) expectations for quality of work.
Awesome if you have experience with:
● Web usability and ADA-compliant accessibility standards
● NodeJS (including NPM and NVM)
● Sequel Pro or phpmyadmin
● Laravel (including Twig/Blade templates)
● Working knowledge of cloud servers including AWS, related services and server administration like setting up Apache/Nginx, php-fpm etc.
● Project management software (Trello, Jira, ClickUp, etc.)
● Understanding of agile development process
● Test-driven development
● Automating build and deployment processes
Working at Aalto is a daily mix of interdisciplinary collaboration and creativity. We’ve adjusted to pandemic life with a team-wide work-from-home setup, organizing virtual spaces to keep the team connected and sharing the latest memes.
– Unlimited PTO
– I mean, be cool, but we want our staff to be happy and healthy.
– Healthcare plan
– You don’t have to be afraid of getting sick here, we cover 100% of your major
medical premium and are currently on a $0 deductible plan
– Dental plan
– Vision plan
– Parental leave
– Company Macbook + monitor
We’re looking for inspirational people who share our values and are excited to work and grow with us. To apply, please submit your resume, portfolio, and a letter explaining why you want to work for Aalto.