As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll work closely with our lead software engineer, product designer, and project manager. You’ll take the lead on front end development, implement new features, and keep an eye on ways to improve the software for our clients.
To apply for this job please visit accessally.com.
Do you geek out on design, fast loading code, and solving complex problems with elegant solutions?
Are you a rebel who rejects being a cog in a big company, and who wants to be a part of the growth at a startup?
Why become a Full Stack Engineer at AccessAlly?
Because you’ll be doing meaningful work, while making your mark on online learning software that’s responsible for providing education to millions of people.
The global Learning Management System market is expected to grow from 13 billion in 2020 to 25 billion by 2025, and you’ll be part of a team of smart, caring and hardworking people leading the way.
Access to education can help defy stereotypes and make the world a better place, while providing a great livelihood for teachers.
You can be a part of making that happen while flexing and honing your unique skill set.
At AccessAlly you’ll find:
- People who care.
- Work that matters.
- Success you can be proud of.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with your project manager and the rest of the development team to prioritize implementation, feature requests, and other work
- Participate in development sprints and support the release cycle to get new features out on time
- Be responsible for making the front end of the software load quickly, while providing an intuitive user experience
- Research and experiment with new ideas and technologies to keep the product evolving
- Perform regular and pre-emptive testing to ensure that bugs are found and fixed quickly
- Report on your progress and demonstrate new features to the team
- Document your development work, create tutorials, and train other team members
- You’ll be asked to work independently with minimal daily oversight, while also contributing to and collaborating with a close-knit team.
Qualities and skills we’re looking for:
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar program
- Have experience in a full stack engineering role
- Have practical experience with relational databases, SQL and engines like PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Understand website hosting server technology, including caching functionalities
- Have exposure to the WordPress platform and general understanding of the plugins ecosystem
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter that sees things through to completion
- Be able to take direction and feedback and iterate toward shared goals with grace
- Demonstrate excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Be able to legally work in Canada or the United States of America
This is a full-time employee position, beginning with a trial to ensure a good fit. While this is a virtual, work-from-home position, it is not short-term. We are committed to building a world-class team culture, and want someone equally dedicated who will grow with us for many years.
We’re a heart-centered team of dedicated, disciplined A-players and we need you to be too. If the potential for more ownership and room to grow into the team sounds exciting, keep reading.
How we do things:
Flexible Remote work
With team members all over the US and Canada, you’ll be in good company as you work from the comfort of your home office. As a distributed team, we meet regularly to make decisions and stay in sync, but we also have dedicated focused time so we can all get into flow.
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging
We’re committed to building a diverse, equitable, and welcoming team for people of all backgrounds. We have the most spectacular clients from all over the world, and we want to shine a light on marginalized people in our work and hiring through ongoing anti-racism discussions and actions.
As a Learning Management Software company, we love teaching and learning. We’ll continuously support your personal and professional development, through ongoing feedback, training, and new projects. You’ll have dedicated time for learning new skills and sharpening your talents, on top of the on-the-job learning that happens naturally.
Taking care of each other as a team starts with…
Work from anywhere:
Enjoy working from your home office or outdoor space, as long as you’ve got an internet connection and you’re available during core business hours.
Get paid what you’re worth and know that you’re being taken care of financially with retirement investment matching.
Generous vacation policy:
Start things off with 17 days off and 10 holidays per year, so you can spend time with family, travel, or enjoy some well-deserved downtime.
Every other Friday off:
We work a few extra hours during the week so that everyone can take Friday off every other week, to take care of personal tasks or just relax.
Great healthcare and dental coverage:
Choose from several plans to cover your own or your family’s healthcare and dental insurance, for added peace of mind.
Computer and software setup:
You’ll get your own company laptop with all of the tools you need to do amazing work.
8 weeks paid leave for new parents:
Bond with your little one without worrying about your expenses, and if you need more time off before coming back to work full-time, your job is secure.
Annual company retreats:
Get to know your team mates with in-person company retreats while doing fun activities, visiting new locations, and eating great food.
You have $500 to spend each year on courses, books, or conferences to help you be the best you can be, and the time to dedicate to honing your skills.