As a Senior Technical Support Specialist within WPForms, you’ll be responsible for supervising a small group of support team members.
To apply for this job please visit awesomemotive.bamboohr.com.
You’ll work with these team members closely to help guide their professional development, provide advice through your WordPress expertise, ensure individual and team goals are consistently met/exceeded, and continually reinforce a positive, team-oriented culture.
WPForms is the #9 most popular plugin on WordPress.org with over 4 million users. So your work will have a big impact.
We are looking for an experienced support supervisor who already has already held leadership responsibilities. You will work closely with, and mentor/train, other support team members to ensure our team is consistently providing top notch help to our users. You will need to be passionate about, and have first-hand experience with, supervising and coaching others within a support team.
Additionally, this is a technical position where you will need to help both customers and support team members work through WordPress issues and questions. You will regularly need to look at source code, use browser developer tools, and draw on knowledge of WordPress core, plugins, and themes.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read/follow the next steps outlined in “How to Apply” at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out 🙂
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You find deep satisfaction in helping others to grow and succeed.
- When unexpected things come up, or you’re under time pressure, you’re eager to rise to the occasion and help your team rise with you.
- You’re an excellent and consistent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks – even if that means having difficult conversations.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You’re a committed life-long learner, and know that you have at least as much to learn from your team as they do from you.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Within your small group (4-6 team members), continually monitoring performance and providing individual feedback.
- Ensuring team members in your group meet or exceed team goals.
- Communicating regularly with other senior support/support leads so everyone is on the same page.
- Assisting with support trainings, including onboarding of new support team members.
Pre-processing tickets to assess their technical difficulty and provide relevant tips before team members reply.
- Helping the support team to manage fluctuating workloads. This can include tasks such as: taking over challenging or overdue tickets, working the support inbox, providing support on public forums such as WordPress.org.
- Testing bug reports locally, and when confirmed pass them to the development team with detailed instructions.
- Pre-release quality assurance testing for updates and new releases.
- Communicating with the team and supporting your peers using chat, audio, and video.
Skills you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- At least 1 year of experience managing a team of 2 or more.
- At least 2 years of experience with WordPress.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills, including a strong ability to show empathy in your writing. We believe communication is critical.
- Strong leadership with the ability to step up and take charge.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Talent for taking something complicated and explaining it simply.
- Ability to prioritize workloads in order to balance an assortment of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong comprehension of HTML and CSS – you can write HTML and apply styling “from scratch”.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Proven track record working in / managing a support team for WordPress plugins.
- Experience managing a team remotely.
- Experience using WPForms and/or WP Mail SMTP.
- Experience working with the services WPForms integrates with (Zapier, Mailchimp, Drip, Stripe, etc).
- Experience with WordPress development (eg themes, hooks, filters, plugin API, PHP, etc).
What we offer
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need, as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
Location and Hours
This is a remote position – our team is spread around the globe!
Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours — and work hours for this position — are 9am – 5pm ET (UTC -5)
- Personal computer with internet access.
- Work hours of 9am – 5pm ET.
- Ability to participate in video meetings at any times needed during work hours.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If you think you’re a good fit for everything shared above, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Your previous management experience, including your approach to working with team members.
- Your experience with WordPress, and particularly professional WordPress support.
- A bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Team culture is very important to us, so in addition to your experience and qualifications, please help us to see your personality/get to know who you are.
- Profile links if available (Your website, WordPress.org, GitHub, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
Also note, don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out 🙂
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!