WordPress theme & plugin development
Are you passionate about WordPress? Do you find custom theming with child themes and frameworks beyond thrilling? Do you dream of custom post types and taxonomies? Does your brain run on queries, templates, filters, and actions? Are you already up to speed with Gutenberg and React? Have you thought about legally changing your middle name to WordPress?
If you’ve been nodding your head as you read this, BU wants to hear from you!
The Web Developer III contributes to the development and deployment of both static websites, the university’s main (WordPress) CMS, and websites built with WordPress, as well as plugins and additional features for the university-wide WordPress ecosystem. In this role, you would work with the project team to fulfill requirements based on scope and design comps, optimize code within the code base, collaborate on QA testing and bug-fixing, and assist with implementation and deployment.
The Web Developer III acts as a technical support resource and mentor for project team members. They determine appropriate tools, methods, and solutions for projects, produce project scopes, and estimate effort to inform project managers in setting project schedule and deadlines. In this position you will be a subject-matter expert for project team members, bridging design, development, and production of websites and web-based applications.
What You’ll Have:
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience. 5-8 years of experience.
- Understanding of basic computer science algorithms and data structures.
- Extensive experience working with project-based teams.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git and Subversion.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, such as Sass.
- Experience using taskrunners, such as Grunt.
- Experience contributing to or writing WordPress plugins. Experience producing unit testing and QA plans.
- Experience working and releasing code to open-source communities. Exposure to MV* frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of the WordPress core codebase.
- WordPress core contributions
- Gutenberg & React experience.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Ability to work on teams with colleagues from several BU departments/organizations.