Work on the most complex and fun WP/Woo stack/features you’ve ever seen! Hosted on WPVIP!
Equilibria (“EQ”) is a high-growth, omni-channel premium CBD platform for women. We are dedicated to restoring balance to our community — physically and mentally — through our high-quality CBD products, personalized dosage support, and digital journey accompaniment. We are the ONLY CBD company with a dedicated team for 1-on-1 consults and education, and we are deeply mission-oriented. Thousands of women… and their sisters, mothers, grandmothers, and daughters … trust us to provide consistent, medical-grade products, month after month.
Corporate Headquarters: River North, Chicago; Bioscience + Farm Operations: Longmont, CO. Post-pandemic, occasional travel will be required for remote employees.
Are you a polyglot software engineer who has worked extensively with WordPress? Are you excited about working with multiple technology stacks and projects? If so, we have a great growth opportunity for you, where your work will deeply impact our company mission.
We are looking for an experienced, senior PHP/WordPress engineer to help develop and maintain our (very) customized Wordpress/WooCommerce site. In addition to our current ecommerce website, you would also have the opportunity to help architect and build a new platform to support our Services + Education arm, integrating ecommerce/member data (and many features) with this new software. If you’ve been looking to grow your repertoire beyond the repetitive WP/Woo lifecycle, real challenges await you — languages/frameworks like Ruby and React are important parts of our stack maturation.
– Develop our WordPress/WooCommerce website and liaise with WPVIP
– Maintain and improve website performance (speed, responsiveness, bugs, plugins, QA)
– Have a proactive approach – review, test, and optimize your own code.
– Write documentation and automated tests
– Share your knowledge through mentorship of team members
– Abide by best practices from your broad range of experience with different roles, technologies, and situations
– A solid understanding of MySQL including: Concurrency issues, optimizing queries for speed, indexes, etc.
– Proficient with git source control tools and automated testing
– Strong logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
– Comfortable with product management/agile-ish philosophies and prioritizing work around business needs
– Bonus if you have experience with Ruby on Rails, or React/React Native!
– Someone who thrives in small and fast-paced teams
– Hungry to learn new systems and technologies – never scared of a challenge!
– Self-motivated and a fast-learner
– Able to think strategically about complicated issues, and provide solutions
– Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
– Team player with strong communication skills and a can-do attitude
– A lifelong learner
Equilibria strives for a diverse workplace. Candidates are evaluated without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.