Senior WordPress Engineer that’s excited to tackle big and interesting problems for large clients
FlowPress manages big and interesting WordPress based infrastructure for large clients and we’re looking for a talented Engineer to join the team.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to combine your natural creativity, leadership and problem-solving skills with your love of clean code and WordPress, then this might be the position for you.
- Code isn’t just poetry, it’s love
- You love GIT (when you fork, it’s not just food)
- You’ve worked with teams in a scrum or agile environment
- You love clean, standardized code
- You understand the need for highly performant websites and what to measure.
Code & Tools
- You tinker with build systems like Gulp, Grunt and generally love automation
- You understand deployment processes and automated integration tests. It’s possible you’ve had some experience with tools such as Strider-CD, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- You have the urge to convert CSS to SASS.
- You use filters and hooks to manipulate WordPress and don’t mix logic with templates unnecessarily.
- You’re an enqueue’ing ninja and know how to properly register and enqueue assets within your plugins and themes.
- You’ve written plugins, and you practice DRY (don’t repeat yourself) and KISS (keep it simple, stupid).
- You’ve looked into WordPress Core and have a solid understanding of how the stack functions.
- You are confident that when you see a WSOD (white screen of death) you know where to start debugging.
- You’ve dealt with WordPress websites that don’t perform up to par and crash servers under heavy load.
- You know what it means to profile a PHP app
- You’re familiar with WordPress the database structure and could update a post and its metadata without the UI.
- You don’t mind communicating with clients and are willing to work directly with them if necessary.
- You have a good understanding of user experience both on the front end and back end
Position type: Full-Time (Remote is cool with us)
Competitive salary plus all the equipment you need, extended health/dental, annual bonus, transportation allowance, cell phone and home internet allowance, maternity/paternity leave and other benefits.
If you think you might be a fit, please send your resume and/or a link to your GIT repository along with a brief message about yourself and your goals.