Senior WordPress Engineer that’s excited to tackle big and interesting problems for large clients
FlowPress manages big, scary and interesting WordPress based infrastructure for large clients and we’re looking for a talented engineer to join the team.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to combine your natural creativity, leadership and problem solving skills with your love of clean code and WordPress, then this might be the position for you.
- Code isn’t just poetry, it’s love
- You love GIT
- When you fork things other than food
- You’ve worked with teams in a scrum or agile environment
- You love clean, standardized code, understand the need for highly performant websites and what to measure.
Utility Tools / HTML Structure
- You tinker with build systems like Gulp, Grunt and generally love automation
- You understand deployment processes & automated integration tests and it’s possible you’ve had some experience with tools such as Strider-CD, Circle CI, or Jenkins
- You have the urge to convert CSS to SASS or LESS
- You have experience with bootstrap and various other JS frameworks
- You use filters and hooks to manipulate WordPress and don’t mix logic with templates unnecessarily.
- You know why you don’t ever put direct links to JS or CSS files within the header.php file.
- You’ve written plugins so you DRY.
- You’ve looked into WordPress Core and have a solid understanding of how the stack functions. You are confident that when you see a blank white screen staring you in the face what you should attempt first.
- You’ve dealt with WordPress websites that don’t perform up to par and crash servers under heavy load.
- You know what it means to profile a PHP app
- You’re familiar with WordPress database structure and could update a post and it’s meta data without the UI.
Position type: Full-Time (Remote is cool with us)
Competitive salary plus all the equipment you need, extended health/dental, annual bonus, transportation allowance, cell phone and home internet allowance, maternity/paternity leave and other benefits.
If you think you might be a fit, please send your resume and/or a link to your GIT repository along with a brief message about yourself and your goals.