Are you passionate about writing quality content in the WordPress space? Do you have some experience selling or marketing plugins or themes?
If you fit these criteria, Freemius is looking for a Head of Content to spearhead their content marketing efforts.
Freemius is a rapidly growing managed eCommerce platform for selling WordPress plugins and themes.
Our mission is to change the WordPress ecosystem for the better by making it easier for developers to sell their high-quality products.
With thousands of developers using our SaaS platform to sell, license, and market their plugins and themes, we’re serving the needs of literally millions of WordPress users.
We use our content to educate, build closer relationships with the community, and help developers increase their sales. We’re looking for someone who can grab the bull by the horns and lead our entire content production process, from ideation to syndication. You’ll be at the forefront of working with our marketing team members, brainstorming unique ideas, drafting, editing, providing feedback, finalizing articles for our blog, and overseeing the scripting and production process for videos on our YouTube channel.
We look to your expertise to help us grow and share our content in collaboration with the Head of Marketing, Head of Video Content, and CEO. We’re eager to build a long-term partnership, supporting you in getting to know the ins and outs of our business in order to help you create quality content and build your own professional skills.
There is a lot of room for growth on our team, so feel free to apply and join us in changing the lives of plugin and theme developers around the world.
- Work from anywhere, as long as you have your computer, a strong internet connection and can be productive
- Contribute to a flat organization where your voice is heard
- Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences
- Job horizon – we are looking for long term engagement and would love to see you grow with the company
What you will be doing:
- Leading Freemius content marketing efforts
- Distributing content (writing posts for social, email, ads, and other channels)
- Continuously expanding our distribution channels
- Conducting customer success stories
- Guest & ghost blogging
- Working with our designer to develop visuals for blog posts, ads, promotions, etc.
- Basic keyword research
- Managing freelancers
- Building co-marketing partnerships to expand our content reach
- Looking for ways to expand content production
Bonus Points for Familiarity with:
- 🌟Running a WordPress plugin or theme business 🌟
- Setting up and managing ad campaigns on FB, Twitter, AdWords, etc
- Affiliate marketing
- Want to play/start playing chess
The Application Process
- A couple of quick emails
- Video interview with the Head of Marketing
- Interview with the CEO
- A 3-month paid trial period, which will give us both the chance to see what it’s like to work together
- A formal job offer