As a Web Designer and Developer Advocate for GoDaddy Pro, you will be our in-house creator, showing the world what’s possible within the GoDaddy Pro experience.
To apply for this job please visit careers.godaddy.com.
Get to know us
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
This role will sit in the US, with up to 50% travel in the future.
Join our team
GoDaddy Pro serves the everyday entrepreneurs who help others start, grow and manage their online presence. GoDaddy Pro users include web professionals like designers, developers, consultants, digital marketers, IT pros and more.
As a Web Designer and Developer Advocate for GoDaddy Pro, you will be our in-house creator, showing the world what’s possible within the GoDaddy Pro experience. You’ll create inspiring & informative content across different channels and formats; speak at meetups and conferences; and be the go-to advocate for building & managing client projects with GoDaddy Pro.
This is an individual contributor role, filled with opportunity. You will define your own processes while working closely with other GoDaddy Pro marketing channel teams.
This role reports directly to Adam Warner as part of the GoDaddy Pro brand build team.
What you’ll get to do…
- Represent the GoDaddy Pro brand to a tech-savvy audience of designers, developers, consultants, digital marketers and other web professionals
- Create original content showing how to use GoDaddy products and services
- Contribute to the GoDaddy Garage blog, our social channels, and YouTube channel
- Attend and speak at industry and community events like WordCamps and conferences
- Maintain an active online & offline presence in the web professional community
- Build long-term relationships with web design & development influencers, bloggers, and personalities
- Identify community trends and hot topics to keep other GoDaddy Pro teams informed
- Identify potential community contributors
- Seek opportunities for our affiliate / reseller team
- Own the ambassador/advocate approach for this audience, monitor conversation, find opportunities, build relationships and partnerships as appropriate
- Produce written & video content on a regular schedule
- Represent GoDaddy Pro through content on owned & earned channels
- Participate in community activities, e.g. online discussions & in-person meetups
- Partner with our Field Marketing team on events, e.g. live streams, webinars, and conferences
- Work with our Content Marketing team on assets such as blog posts and YouTube videos
- Work with our Social team on original content, e.g. native videos, stories
- Work with our Community Marketing team on engagement, e.g. user feedback
- Work with our Product, PR, and Comms teams on announcements and releases
Your experience should include…
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (B2B tech or marketing experience highly preferred)
- Strong written & visual communicator
- Robust on-stage and on-camera presence
- Familiarity and existing relationships with the web professional community
- Proficient in building and running websites, especially using WordPress
- Proficient with creator tools, e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud
- Knowledgeable about GoDaddy products and services
- Involved in digital marketing such as SEO and link-building
We’ve got your back…
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R011744