We’re looking for a detail-oriented WordPress Developer to build, maintain and optimize a range of nonprofit websites.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.
Great Believer is a design agency for nonprofits, with a focus on designing and building WordPress websites. In the past year alone, we’ve launched intuitive, inspiring websites for nonprofits like The Fresh Air Fund, Data2X, The Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center and Women in Need (WIN).
We’re looking for a reliable, detail-oriented and good-natured WordPress Developer to join our Brooklyn-based team. In this full-time, on-site position, you’ll build, maintain and optimize a range of nonprofit websites – altogether playing a major role in the success of many amazing organizations.
- Build custom WordPress themes that are easy to manage and exact replicas of our designs.
- Maintain a range of WordPress sites by adding new pages and/or functionality, performing plug-in updates, enhancing security and fixing bugs.
- Partner with our design team to advise on the technical viability of their ideas.
- Stay on top of the latest trends in nonprofit technology, including donation systems, e-blast platforms and job portals.
- Work alongside our wider network of web developers to keep all projects running smoothly.
- Connect with our hosting provider to ensure all hosted sites are secure and high-performing.
- Build genuine relationships with the points of contact at our nonprofit clients.
- 2+ years of WordPress experience, including a solid understanding of PHP/MySQL, core WordPress functions, custom post types, custom themes and effective plugins.
- The skill to write clean front-end code that’s responsive, cross-browser compatible, maintainable and scalable.
- A familiarity with accessibility standards (e.g. WCAG and ADA).
- The ability to work from our Brooklyn office. No remote candidates will be considered.
Bonus points if you have…
- A background in UX or design.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Expertise in Google Analytics and/or SEO.
Our team works best with those who are…
- Energized by nonprofits
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent communicators
- Eager to collaborate
- Easy to get along with
Benefits and company policy
- All full-time employees are eligible for a flexible paid time off policy, subsidized benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and commuter), a 401k program and professional development opportunities.
- The salary range for this position is $65,000–$80,000, contingent on expertise and experience.
- Great Believer is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates inclusiveness. We encourage all candidates to apply for this position.
If this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, apply here.