We’re looking for a confident and ambitious QA Test Engineer to join our distributed team to help us define our QA processes.
Note: we only accept candidates from countries in European time zones (UTC-3 to UTC+3) for this position.
Who We Are
We’re a 6-year old, completely bootstrapped, profitable, 10-person company. Our WordPress newsletter plugin is used by nearly 400,000 websites.
Our product-centric team consists of 6 developers, 2 support staff, 1 writer & 1 product chief. We’re spread over 9 countries.
The team works asynchronously, primarily exchanging on Slack and occasionally having a conference call. Meetings are replaced with weekly “status update” posts. For the most part, we work autonomously and are trusted to get the work done.
We’re looking for a confident and ambitious QA Test Engineer to join our distributed team to help us define our QA processes. The role will involve a mixture of writing automated tests and executing manual tests.
- Work individually
- Test and assure high quality of our software
- Review the work of your teammates
- Conduct tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly
- Drive the QA automation topic
- Closely work with support team and help with support tickets to learn more about the environment our software runs in and issues our customers experience
- Discover the requirements of the development and elaborate solutions
- Develop and enhance quality assurance processes
- Help troubleshoot issues, reporting and tracking issues found, working with developers in problem isolation, and helping to drive resolution
- Creating test plans and test cases
- Come up with suggestions and ideas to improve user experience
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Work experience in software quality assurance
- Experience in building QA from ground up
- Knowledge of UI testing tools
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- We are using Codeception framework in PHP as our testing tool right now. It would be good if you have some experience in PHP or you could convince us to switch to something better.
- Some existing WordPress experience would be beneficial
- JIRA, Confluence tools familiarity is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English Language)
- We’re 100% remote, everything happens on Slack
- We’re focused on deliverables
- We work 4 days per week
- Pretty flexible in terms of working hours
- Our work and personal lives need to be balanced sanely
- 5 weeks per year of paid vacation we all get
- We make it a point to learn constantly
- We travel to conferences
- Join us for our annual team retreat
- Salary is between 3000 and 3500 euros. Compensation is calculated on an internal salary grid which takes into account several parameters.
Recruitment Process in 6 Steps
- Apply by email
- We shortlist the candidates we feel would fit best and send them an email
- You pass a test
- We shortlist those with the best answers
- We interview you
- We propose a contract
How to Apply
- We don’t outsource and we don’t work with agencies, sorry!
- Send an email and tell why you think we could fit well together;
- We get a lot of emails and will only reply to the candidates we feel will fit.