English-fluent WordPress Theme and Plugin Developer wanted to work during North American business hours.
Required Skills and Experience
– 2 – 5 years experience delivering WordPress sites for clients
– Building Block-Based themes
– Plugin Development
Nice to have but not required
– Genesis block-based themes
– Accessibility Experience
– Custom Block Development
– GitHub Actions or other Deployment Automation Processes
– Site Speed Optimization
– Professional manner
– Proficiency with WordPress
– Write, QA and maintain code using WordPress best practices
– Build with mobile-first mentality
– Prioritize requests from clients and internal teams based on timelines provided
– Comfort communicating if timelines are unrealistic so new timelines can be made
– Excellent communication required as we are a remote team
– Able to follow coding practices and standards
You will be successful in this job if you can deliver Genesis, block-based themes, and resolve issues with existing client sites as they come up.
Markentum is a company that respects your family. Kids may pop into meetings, you may sleep in because the baby was up all night. You may need extra time off to take kids to appointments or because your aging parents need extra support. This is expected.
We love to work with our long-term care partners so that they can serve their residents and help them live fulfilled lives in their later years. You’ll be part of a team that helps these long-term care facilities serve their clients well by having a site that works well.
It’s also expected that you spend work time on your own education to help you be better at your job. We can provide subscriptions to Linkedin Learning, Code Academy, or even a University Course if that’s what we need to do to help you be excellent at your job.
Your manager will help you build an individual growth plan and enable you to execute on it so that you become better at your job and have autonomy in doing it.
We also have a monthly book club, virtual meetup, and some people even craft on Zoom together. Yup this is considered work time and you can participate in the craft or book club…or not based on what suits you.
No recruiters or outsourcing firms.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org candidates we are interested in will be contacted to schedule a first interview.
After the first interview, we will have a small paid project that reflects the job we will be asking you to do. Likely converting a shortcode into a Gutenberg Block or building a single page for a theme.
Next, we will select some candidates for a second interview.
Finally, we will make an offer to our preferred candidate and arrange start dates.