Mindsize is looking for an eCommerce focused backend engineer to work on exciting projects.
At Mindsize, we build some of the largest eCommerce sites on the planet. Our team, comprised of the most respected minds in the eCommerce space, is looking to add new talent to our roster.
Do you love tracking down slow queries and annihilating them? Is your day incomplete if you haven’t figured out an innovative solution to a problem? Would you enjoy building integrations with external systems and leveraging Laravel and its ecosystem to create tools that help store owners run more effective businesses?
What’s Different About Us?
eCommerce Focused – everything we do is focused on the needs of the store owners we serve, and we don’t take work outside of the eCommerce world.
Giant Impact – you will directly impact the workflows that run entire eCommerce businesses.
Speed – we pride ourselves on the speed with which we react to requests from our store owners and get faster by learning from every task, every sprint, and every project.
Culture – we place a high value on our mission, our values, and our team members.
You’ll want to work with us if you like:
- Tracking down slow queries and killing them with fire, then writing a pull request to the offending plugin’s repository.
- Using your knowledge of technology to determine creative solutions to problems.
- Building integrations with external systems, both legacy and modern.
- Crafting tools that help store owners run more effective businesses.
- Being a part of an Agile team that understands why Scrum is far superior to Waterfall.
- You want to implement new things, starting from design and following through until delivery.
We’d love to work with you if:
- You can develop custom WooCommerce extensions and/or themes.
- You love to build tools that ingest APIs using JSON and GraphQL.
- You understand what it takes to own an enterprise-scale site and can write code designed for high-availability, fault tolerance, and scalability.
- You can track down and eradicate bugs with the fury of a thousand paper cuts.
- You are able to find and remediate performance issues on live sites.
- You can juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- You know how to test your code in a local development environment.
- You like to review code written by your team members to ensure quality and suggest potential improvements.
- You can deploy your changes to servers with and without continuous integration and deployment tools.
Bonus Points for:
- Deep knowledge of the internals of WooCommerce.
- Experience using GitFlow or other branching and release strategies.
- Familiarity with the Laravel framework and the surrounding ecosystem of tools.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and ElasticPress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.