Our ideal candidate will work closely with a talented team of developers and designers, is comfortable working directly with clients in a consultative role, and can articulate complex issues to non-technical people. The Lead role is a hybrid role that encompasses both leadership and hands-on WordPress development.
Multidots is a global enterprise digital agency helping content publishers to maximize their performance by implementing finely tuned enterprise WordPress. With a 110+ global and distributed team, Multidots has prominent presence and clients in North America, Asia, and Europe. Multidots is an expert in performance marketing, affiliate marketing, and lead generation industry and has been the trusted development partner for industry leaders like QuinStreet, ABUV Media, Higher Education and All-Star Directories for their digital strategy and content publishing needs. Other enterprise brands and global corporate groups like Accenture, MIT, Jumeirah, National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) trust Multidots for their complex and large scale WordPress implementation and multi-platform integration. Multidots is also one of the WordPress VIP featured Agency Partners.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage, coach and mentor a 45+ team of talented WordPress Engineers/Developers.
- Participate with stakeholders in developing a long-term technology roadmap.
- Work with team leads and engineering team and recommend best technology solution to clients needs and problems.
- Be effective at requirements gathering, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Maintain, expand, and scale our client’s websites and web applications / communicate engineering constraints and objectives.
- Gather and refine specifications, functional and technical needs.
- Provide feedback from clients and prospects to help guide product roadmaps.
- Build, monitor, and maintain analytics.
- Mentoring the Core Engineering team and ensuring they achieve their growth and development goals, and meeting regularly with them in 1:1s
- Design hiring process, development standards, and development process
- Foster an excellent work environment and fast-paced engineering culture of continuous improvement
- This position will report to the COO and CEO.
- 5+ years of experience as a WordPress Engineer and 3+ years of management exp.
- In-depth understanding of engineering with WordPress
- Strong understanding of Git and branching strategies
- REST/Web API Integration and Design
- Experience with building scalable solutions for handling high volume traffic
- Successfully define and implement technical standards for quality, maintainability, scalability, availability and security.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- People management to develop, train, inspire and coach
Good to Have
- WordPress core contributor experience
- Speaking experience at WordCamp and other events
- Knowledge of WooCommerce and BuddyPress
- Experience working with web servers (Nginx/Apache)
- WordPress VIP Coding Standard and Migration Experience
- Fully-remote role and flexibility to work from anywhere.
- Great opportunity to work with a cross-culture and cross-country team.
- Company-sponsored trip to headquarter in India.
- Opportunity to join as one of the core foundational team members with the US Team
- Fuel your creative energies with an open-minded company culture that supports growth and experimentation of new ideas.
- Great opportunity to work with one of the WordPress VIP partner agencies.
Job Duration: 3-month Contract / Potential for the full-time