We’re looking for an engineer to join our Content Platform team to help evolve the CMS that underpins our most valuable and impactful asset: our content!
NerdWallet’s mission is to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. We do this by providing rich, interactive experiences that make it easy to expertly pay off debt, choose the best financial products and services (think credit cards and insurance), and tackle major life goals–like buying a house and saving for retirement.
We’re looking for an engineer to join our Content Platform team to help evolve the CMS that underpins our most valuable and impactful asset: our content! In this role, you will contribute towards carrying out our vision of a decoupled content data platform, one which powers numerous unique content experiences across web and mobile. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a firm grasp on how data flows through a complex system and collaborate on the best architecture and execution for that system’s needs. The ideal candidate will be full-stack: adept at developing APIs, properly modeling data, and implementing UIs in our CMS interface.
Where you can make an impact:
- Design and lead the development of a high-performance, secure, and scalable content data platform that can meet the demands of multiple dependent products and services, on which it in turn depends.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to understand and evangelize how content data can be used wherever consumers are.
- Contribute to the service architecture with which our front-end stack interfaces to seamlessly talk to our identity, product, and content services.
- Architect, develop and drive improvements to our evolving backend infrastructure.
- User focused: You are passionate about creating a platform that can be built on to improve the lives of millions of users and building delightful experiences for those involved in the content authoring and utilization of the platform.
- A visionary: You are inspired by and contribute to a shared vision of the platform and inspire others with that vision, both inside and outside of your team.
- Collaborative and communicative: You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to build products and platform features.
- A leader: You have demonstrated feature development ownership, can lead by example and enjoy mentoring and inspiring other engineers.
- High-energy, company-first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive and biased for action: You bias towards finding solutions and making them happen.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building consumer web applications or services.
- Proficiency developing with WordPress as a CMS at scale; experience developing with WordPress as a decoupled/headless data platform.
- Experience influencing strategy within your working group, proactively identifying and resolving technical issues before escalation is required.
- Can define complex projects and deliver them with larger groups (3+) of other engineers.
- Experience in building highly scalable web services and building/using RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs.
- Familiarity with Node.js, Express.js, React/Flux/Redux is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field preferred, but not required. You should be able to demonstrate an understanding of CS fundamentals.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
- NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.