Pantheon is looking for a motivated, proactive and energetic Agency Community Engineer to join us as a full-time member helping our Agency Partners.
Who we are:
Pantheon powers the world’s professional websites. Our multi-tenant, container-based cloud platform enables businesses to run mission-critical Drupal & WordPress websites. Developers, Marketers and IT can instantly scale in response to unplanned traffic spikes, without upgrading VMs or clusters. Large enterprises use Pantheon, including Intel, Cisco, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
We value teamwork, humor and hard work balanced with solid social time together. We’re enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities, and have real relationships with many of our most active customers and that’s where you come in.
About the role:
Pantheon is currently looking for a motivated, proactive and energetic Agency Community Engineer to join us as a full-time member helping our Agency Partners.
Web Agencies are Pantheon’s most important audience and everything we do is focused on making our Agency partners’ lives better, their work more productive, and their clients more effective. We’re looking for someone whose passion for the space matches our own!
What you’ll own:
As an Agency and Community Engineer (ACE) you will work with our agency partners to help them standardize on Pantheon. In this role, you will migrate websites to Pantheon, troubleshooting problems that arise, and training agency developers along the way.
You will provide technical guidance, best practices, and process improvements that can benefit the partners you work with and make them more successful. You’ll act as a key liaison between our agency partners and our internal teams, with the aim of enhancing agency experience so that everyone gets the most out of Pantheon’s services. We expect that you will travel about 25% of your time.
When you’re not doing the above, you will:
- Attend WordPress and Drupal events around the country and speak on interesting, helpful topics. Be proud of Pantheon and represent us well. Demo Pantheon at our booth.
- Be a part of the WordPress and Drupal communities. Help community initiatives with a special emphasis on performance, scalability and workflow issues.
- Pitch in on marketing initiatives. This will include blogging, webinars and helping the rest of our team by brainstorming, proofreading and otherwise improving the quality of our marketing materials.
- Help us better serve our agency partners by sharing pain points on Pantheon to continually improve our product.
- Be aware of the direction of WordPress, Drupal, and web design and development so that we can plan for future trends, ideas and services that Pantheon ought to support.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3+ Years Experience professional experience working with WordPress and/or Drupal
Programming and debugging skills in PHP, MySQL, but can walk the full stack for websites, including DevOps, caching, and database queries
- Previous speaking experience at WordPress and/or Drupal events
- Uses version control (Git) as a regular part of the development process
- Experience presenting at technical conferences and/or to clients and users
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing competing time demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is confident and comfortable in a customer/client-facing role
- Can keep track of details, and is ok wrangling people to keep things on schedule
- Enjoys traveling and meeting new people
- Strong team player
- Integrity and honesty, ability to be trusted and to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Highly resourceful, self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Very organized, exceptional attention-to-detail
- College degree or equivalent
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of, experience with, and passion for both WordPress AND Drupal
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU….
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
Oh yeah…here are a few other things we offer as well:
* Industry competitive salary.
* Stock options.
* Vacation days and time off.
* Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision).
* Top-of-line equipment.
* Fun at Drupal community events.
* Discounts on custom bicycles – the founders of Pantheon also Founded Mission Bicycle.
* Dog friendly offices.
* Training stipend to attend industry conferences.