We’re seeking a Director of Engineering to join our technology team.
You will work closely with the individual contributors and managers on your teams, as well as product, data science, dev ops and business leadership to deliver well-engineered products that service our readers and staff, and meet the test of cutting edge engineering craftsmanship. In addition, you will bring veteran perspectives on technical strategy and team building best practices, selecting and motivating top talent to do their best work.
Why work with us?
Work on some of the largest, trusted brands in entertainment and fashion news, including Variety, WWD, Deadline, IndieWire, and BGR.
Own your work. High responsibility and high autonomy.
We’re a stable, growing company with a startup mentality.
Agile scrum environment with small, focused teams.
Our technology stack is centered around WordPress and Laravel. Our principal development language is PHP. Our primary hosting environment is WordPress.com VIP. We have ancillary services on Google Cloud and AWS.
What would you be doing?
- Oversee engineering efforts for PMC’s technology group.
- Managing individual developers as well as providing technical strategy, problem solving and guidance
- Communicating with peers, prioritizing projects, hitting delivery dates
- Help establish and maintain the technical vision for products and overall technical quality, including reduction of technical debt
- Ensure clear and objective communication of goals, responsibilities, and timelines between all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Manage local, remote, and agency resources, including hiring and building a great team
- Formulate and measure long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department and individual engineers
- Mentor team members on software architecture, object oriented design, and test driven development
- Grow the engineering staff by hiring quality software engineers that match the culture and can quickly contribute to corporate goals
- Contribute to our code — participate in code reviews, develop new features and bug fixes, and generally stay familiar with our code base
- Maintain key relationships with vendors and service providers, stay aware of changes and new technologies and advise how they can be leveraged or communicated to stakeholders
About Our Engineering Team
PMC’s engineering team is a leader in redefining the digital publishing model. As a team member at PMC, not only will you be working with a group of smart and driven colleagues and working with world-class news brands but you will also enjoy an exciting, fast-paced work environment along with professional development and growth. PMC’s Technical Managers are expected to contribute to this atmosphere by mentoring team members in your areas of expertise, participating in peer code reviews, and contributing to PMC’s internal documentation and knowledge base.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.