Work on enterprise WordPress at a large, growing company with a smallish, tight-knit team
Penske Media Corporation (PMC)—owner of media brands such as Rolling Stone, Variety, Robb Report, WWD, She Media, and others—is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our publishing technology team. Our publishing technology stack is centered around WordPress. Our principal development language is PHP. Our primary hosting environment is WordPress VIP. We use a variety of other technologies to build middleware between WordPress and other services, as well as building supporting platforms and services. Other technologies in our stack include Laravel, Node, React, Kotlin + Spring Framework, RabbitMQ, Lambda and Auth0.
- Develop great, high-quality websites;
- Collaborate with a team of talented people that is thoughtful, inclusive, respectful of each other, and tackle hard problems;
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our readers;
- Help establish and maintain the technical vision for products and overall technical quality, including reduction of technical debt;
- Work with product & project management to gather requirements and plan out phases, tasks and dependencies;
- Mentor interns, junior engineers, and others on your team to increase the overall talent level
You don’t need to check every box for the experience below. If you are passionate about this opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
- Enthusiasm for Agile principles and values.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Proven track record of meeting aggressive schedules; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring that the highest priority objectives are met.
- Strong software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns, object-oriented programming, architecture, algorithms and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Secure Development Life Cycle, including handling of sensitive information such as PII and PCI-DSS compliance.
- Very strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP/S, caching, page rendering, etc).
- Deep understanding and experience working on distributed/high trafficked systems, and preferably real-time systems and workflows with an emphasis on end-to-end speed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including communicating with VP/C-level executives.
- Experience with website development in the media, entertainment, or publishing industries.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit pmc.com.