Join a growing VIP WordPress agency and solve interesting and challenging problems.
Reaktiv Studios is on the lookout for a senior-level developer to join us in building and maintaining bespoke WordPress solutions for our valued clients. This is not a junior developer position; candidates need to be able to jump into complex code and hit the ground running. We’re not all hung up on years, but typically this is a developer with five or more years of relevant development experience.
In your role as a developer, you will help build, maintain, support, and refactor content management systems for our clients, primarily using WordPress as the backend. You’ll look for ways to improve your team’s development process and document your findings along with participating in code reviews and QA with your peers. You are equally as comfortable working on a project by yourself as you are embedded into a larger client team and communicating via video calls and text chats.
You are comfortable encountering problems you’ve never solved before, and you are excited at the prospect of solving them with pragmatic solutions. You self-motivate and proactively communicate issues to your team. You love open source software. Familiarity with WordPress is preferred, but not a must.
You likely call yourself a full stack developer.
You’re a great fit if:
- You have solid proficiency in PHP.
- You have proficiency in SQL, HTML5, CSS and CSS pre-processors.
- You must be able to show us examples of your work that reflect your expertise in these areas.
- You have exemplary written communication skills, whether you’re writing to a peer developer or directly to a client.
- You create robust, well-designed and maintainable software.
- You are able to iterate and ship quickly.
- You are familiar with Git or similar version control tools, branching and merging.
We’d love it if:
- You have solid proficiency in WordPress.
- You’ve contributed to an open source project.
Reaktiv Studios is a 100% distributed development agency. We are one of the few WordPress.com VIP Service Partners and work with some really great clients like The Wirecutter, Harvard Business School, and NextDraft.
We are a lean and mean company, but we’re proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes health/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, a flexible work schedule, and continued education (conferences, training seminars, books, etc.).
We are looking for both full time developers (U.S. citizenship required) and freelance contractors at 15-20 hours per week.
Hello? Is it you we’re looking for? Email us and include:
- A brief introduction. Tell us about you! We care about who you are as a person.
- Describe your relevant experience.
- Your résumé
- Links to GitHub or similar code repos. (seriously. don’t leave this out.)
- Personal website and/or LinkedIn and other social media links.
Reaktiv Studios, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. If you have a disability, please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate.