Join our team of creative developers and help us continue to improve our drag-and-drop web design app that has helped tens of thousands of creative entrepreneurs connect with their ideal clients.
Showit is in search of a full-time application developer with substantial WordPress development experience to join our growing team. We’re a small SaaS company offering a web-based drag-and-drop website builder that integrates heavily with WordPress. Applicants must have thorough understanding and experience with PHP, MySQL, WordPress codex, and scaling web servers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- WordPress Plugin Development
- Development for dynamic theme generating engine
- Improving internal tools to help streamline support and administrative productivity
- Advanced troubleshooting to help customer support team
- Ensure that our systems are up to date, secure, and compliant with all required rules and regulations
- Research new technologies and how they can impact our business
- Propose possible solutions and research alternatives to accomplish business goals
- Learn how our team members work and use that information to develop products and services to meet that need.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Extensive experience in full-stack web development
- Problem solving – You love a challenge that doesn’t have a predetermined solution
- Perspective – We’re a small team with different strengths, and we strive to seek the best possible solutions to problems. Oftentimes this requires constructive conversation to unearth those solutions.
- Team mentality – We’re in this together and we need each other to succeed
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt when priorities change
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Creativity – ie: You’re not afraid to go against the flow and try new things in the name of solving difficult problems
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (with an hour lunch break), 40 hours per week at our Chandler, AZ office located off of Gilbert Road just south of the 202 freeway.
Required Education and Experience
- WordPress. Like, that’s what you live and breathe
- Full-stack web development
- PHP, MySQL (or other databases)
- Accessing APIs
- AWS, React, and Node are a plus, but not required
- Git or other version control systems
- Up-to-date knowledge of web standards
- Proficient knowledge of web browser compatibility (including mobile browsers)
- Real-world experience more important than formal education, but CS/CSE degree a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.