Join ThinkShout and help find creative and innovative ways to design and develop software that helps nonprofits and organizations promoting social good to fulfill their missions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.workable.com/j/F5ECB7F803 →
Technical Architects at ThinkShout are the leaders of the development teams that deliver world-class open source solutions built with Drupal, WordPress, PHP, Symfony, Angular, Ember, Ruby, Jekyll, Node.js or anything else that serves our clients. Technical Architects work closely with clients and project leadership in managing the development team. They develop specifications and budgets, review code and architect solutions that address client needs.
- Conduct code reviews and provide mentorship and feedback to other developers.
- Lead client meetings and interactions in partnership with Project and Account Managers.
- Collaborate with the Strategy and UX teams to develop project specifications.
- Develop budgets, user stories, and implementation plans with other project leads.
- Estimate development progress and assess risks during implementations.
- Identify new technologies and development practices to provide the best possible guidance to our internal team and clients.
- Two years of experience leading internal development teams.
- Two years of experience working with clients or stakeholders.
- Four years of experience working with open source frameworks.
- Three years of experience developing with Drupal and/or WordPress.
- You can leverage devops, continuous integration, and services such as CircleCI to craft development and deployment workflows.
- You understand that technical architecture involves bridging the gap between real world problems and the technology that solves them.
- You have an interest in working with new, emergent web technologies and concepts, such as decoupled apps.
- You don’t mind spending time in an IDE writing PHP, JS, SASS, or whatever code is needed meet our client needs.
- You want to make a commitment to our team, work, community, and clients.
You’ll love this job because of our culture and the opportunity you’ll have to work directly with good people making real change in the world. The team at ThinkShout values working together because we’ve created a supportive environment where we can share our expertise and learn from each other.
You’ll appreciate and enjoy the work because you believe in the missions of the nonprofits and organizations we serve. The time you invest into the nonprofits we serve will have a significant impact locally, throughout the country and around the world. You’ll finish the day knowing you used energy and skills for something you can be proud of.
This is a full-time position based in our peaceful office in downtown Portland, OR. We have a strong focus on work/life balance with a flexible office hours policy. This position includes opportunities to learn and attend conferences and onsite client meetings.
The salary will depend on experience. On top of salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 401k with a 2% match
- Profit Sharing
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Family leave
- A very generous 30 days of PTO, including holidays
Weekly lunch and learns, team sprints, annual CPR training and more!
Send us a cover letter focusing on why you’re interested in a career at ThinkShout and a resume in PDF format (or your LinkedIn profile).
This is a full-time position based in our office in downtown Portland, OR. This position may involve up to 10% travel, including attendance at conferences and onsite client meetings.