We are seeking a Senior WordPress developer to join our experienced team and develop enterprise-level WordPress solutions
You are comfortable working with high-traffic sites where performance, security, and process is a top priority. You know how to write reusable code and work well with other developers.
You can deliver successful projects by writing quality code, participating in important strategy conversations, and assisting with code reviews.
- Collaborate with the development team to develop back-end coding to support front-end experience for the user including all interactive components
- Participate in planning/technical requirements sessions to understand client expectations and obtain context for the development work
- Build custom WordPress themes and plugins based on supplied designs or front-end templates
- Build custom WordPress Blocks
- Run security audits and site performance reviews
- Mentor engineers and provide code reviews
- Assist with data migration and site launches
- Write clean and organized code that can be shared, leveraged, and collaborated on with other team members
- Maintain high coding standards and practices to ensure a high level of quality control on all aspects of web-site development
- Conduct UAT and QA testing for the functionality of all areas of the website, identify and resolve problem areas as necessary
Knowledge and Skills
- At least 5 years of Agency experience in Back-End Development
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Responsive Web Design methods and principles
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Package manager and automation tool experience. Eg. webpack, npm & gulp.
- Experience with Different CI/CD integrations. Eg. GitHub Actions, CircleCI, travis, Gitlab CI
- Experience working with various REST APIs
- Experience using Git
- Experience using Jira
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to juggle current projects with incoming tasks.
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to quickly diagnose and resolve coding problems and cross-platform issues
- Effective time management, organization and planning skills, and ability to meet deadlines and adapt to shifting priorities
- Experience with React
- Code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both.
Working For Us
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Group Benefits
- Equipment provided
- Conference and training budget