A senior PHP developer will join our team to help develop new features for our WordPress plugins and build custom solutions for our consulting clients.
Uncanny Owl creates elearning products and web platforms that help organizations deliver training online. We are a Toronto-based team specializing in WordPress solutions and our products are in use on over 20,000 elearning sites.
The successful candidate will join our team as a full-time Senior PHP Developer and work in collaboration with our Front End Developer and several other PHP Developers. Work will include development of new features for our suite of plugins, building custom solutions for consulting clients, and the development of new WordPress-based products.
To be considered for this position, you must have significant experience building WordPress plugins and a portfolio of code available for review.
- Expert-level PHP and MySQL skills
- Strong experience with object oriented programming
- Follow WordPress development best practices consistently
- Have experience writing, testing and deploying complex WordPress plugins
- Speak and write in fluent English
- Collaborate effectively with both internal staff and customers
- Professional experience using git repositories in a team-based setting, Webpack, and local development environments
- At least 3 years of experience building complex WordPress solutions
- LearnDash development experience
- Experience working with a wide variety of WordPress plugins including form, membership, ecommerce and LMS plugins
- Experience working with any Uncanny Owl products
- eLearning expertise
- A Bachelors degree or higher in a related field
Our team is based in Toronto but everyone works remotely. Candidates in Ontario are strongly preferred, but we are willing to consider people in other locations with the right skill set.