A support specialist will join our team to provide technical support directly to users of our WordPress products.
Uncanny Owl creates elearning plugins and platforms that help organizations deliver training online. We are a Toronto-based team specializing in WordPress solutions and our products are in use on over 20,000 elearning sites.
The successful candidate will provide direct support to users of our WordPress products and occasional QA support to our internal team leading up to releases. Tracking multiple tasks simultaneously, a fantastic rapport with customers and resolving issues efficiently are crucial to success in this position.
To be considered for this position, you must have significant expertise with WordPress and supporting WordPress plugins. Some experience with our plugins and with LearnDash is preferred.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 3 years of experience or more working with WordPress and WordPress plugins
- A demonstrable history of tracing plugin conflicts and issues
- A strong command of WordPress best practices and plugins
- Experience providing support for WordPress products
- Fluent conversational skills in English
- A history of working on WordPress projects with WordPress developers
- A typing speed of over 50 WPM
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Experience working with a wide variety of WordPress plugins including form, membership, ecommerce and LMS plugins
This job can be filled on a full or part-time basis; it’s more important that we find the right candidate. To be considered on a part-time basis, you must be able to work at least 20 hours per week, between the hours of 9:00AM and 5:00PM Eastern time.
Our team is based in Toronto but everyone works remotely. Candidates in Ontario are strongly preferred, but we are willing to consider people in other locations with the right skill set.