We’re looking for a business-minded WooCommerce Developer to help build new features, maintain existing integrations, and improve stability by expanding test coverage.
About Universal Yums
Universal Yums started in 2014 with a simple concept: give people an opportunity to try unique foods and flavors from around the world. Our flagship product is a monthly subscription box offering snacks and candies from a different country each month.
About the Job
We’re looking for a fast-learning and business-minded Sr. WooCommerce Developer to help build new features, maintain existing integrations, and improve stability by expanding test coverage. This role will join the Technology team, which is responsible for building and maintaining our e-commerce website built with WordPress and WooCommerce, and a data service built with Laravel. Additionally, the team is responsible for various integrations with external applications for shipping, inventory, and CRM.
- $90,000 – $120,000 per year
- Translate general project requirements into actionable development steps.
- Build custom plugins and integrations for WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Write WP-CLI scripts to automate WooCommerce order and subscription modifications.
- Maintain our automated test suite and add test coverage where needed.
- Maintain existing plugins and test upgrades when needed.
- Work closely with our in-house development team and also help manage specific projects with external developers.
- Use originality, experiences, and best practices to resolve issues as they arise.
- 4+ years of WordPress development experience
- Experience with automated testing and PHPUnit.
- Experience using Git.
- Good understanding of the WordPress JSON API.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to fetch and write data.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience working in ecommerce preferred.
- This is a 100% remote position. Candidates must be legally permitted to work in the United States, primarily from 9AM-5PM EST.
- Minimal travel required to New Jersey headquarters after COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Please apply via Indeed.
If you have any specific questions about the job, you can ask @devinsays in Post Status chat or on Twitter.