Part Time Backend Developer
Hello! We’re looking for a confident WordPress back-end developer to help us with custom development projects and smaller tasks. This person would be an external resource to our team and your time/costs will be included in our proposals for work.
We have many clients we do work for in the form of maintenance, support, and custom development. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to really expand their experience with all types of different websites, businesses, and scenarios in the WordPress space.
While the following skills and traits below are desired, we’re overall looking to work with people that are dependable and are good communicators.
Technical Skills & Experience Desired:
- Proficiency in CSS is desired but does not need to be at an expert level.
- Version control with Git.
- Basic understanding of HTTP, how to read HTTP headers, or a willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with the common managed web hosts in the WordPress space. We work the most with Pantheon, Kinsta, WP Engine, and Pagely.
- Ability to log in to a remote server using SSH and perform basic operations such as navigating and editing files with a terminal.
- Preparing a site or feature for launch, then performing the launch.
Nice To Have Technical Skills & Experience:
- Solid understanding of HTTP and how to read HTTP headers in requests and responses.
- Solid understanding of how page caching works and how to debug if necessary.
- Experience with integrating WordPress and/or features with 3rd party services.
Soft Skills Desired:
- We’d like for you to be curious and ask questions without hesitation. Question the “why” for a task or project when it does not make sense to you.
- Over-communicate. Working based on assumptions about anything that isn’t clear often leads to issues.
- Be confident, cool-headed, and professional.
Must Be Able To:
- Respond to quote requests within 2 business days. The quote should have an attached timeline. That timeline should be held/reserved for 1 week from the day the quote is provided.
- During the course of the work, provide weekly progress updates at the beginning of each week. Our level of communication with our clients is very high and dependent on setting good expectations. This won’t be required if the timeline is less than one week.
Submit your information by clicking here.