Maintainn, the maintenance and support division of WebDevStudios, is seeking a candidate to fill a Support Engineer position who has at least two years of WordPress maintenance, backend development, and customer service experience.
Maintainn, the maintenance and support division of WebDevStudios, is seeking a candidate to fill a Support Engineer position. The ideal candidate is someone who has at least two years of WordPress maintenance, backend development, and customer service experience. The candidate must also be versatile, calm under pressure, genial, and passionate about troubleshooting issues with clients’ websites and coming up with creative and robust solutions.
Your job duties will include:
- Supporting clients from bloggers, to SMBs, to large corporations in a fast-paced environment
- Using project and issue/bug tracking software and multiple development platforms
- Setting up support accounts/components for new clients and removal for parting clients
- Working with clients to review/clarify requirements for custom development requests
- Responding to clients who report issues with their website and debugging/resolving issues in a timely manner
- Helping clients manage/update content or help determine where changes need to be made
- Providing knowledgeable recommendations for solutions to handle client feature requests
- A variety of miscellaneous development tasks involved in the web development life cycle from start to finish
- Available Monday through Friday
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress
- Two years of customer service and backend development experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner with an emphasis on first-time quality
- Experience in debugging, problem-solving, and fixing websites
- Experience with plugin support and customer support forums
- Experience using SVN & Git software
- Good understanding of accessibility considerations and web standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a team player and evolve as the business grows
Nice-to-haves (not required, but would be considered a plus):
- WooCommerce experience
- Web and information security experience
- Frontend development skills
- Familiarity with platforms like Teamwork (including Desk), Harvest, etc.
- This is a full-time position.
- Pay rate is based on experience and abilities.
- Remote work: Available Monday through Friday, each week
- Office dress code: Pajamas, if you like.
- Full-time employees enjoy benefits such as Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid Time Off, hardware policy, 401K.
- Lots and lots of informal GIF sharing
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is excellent at time management and has the ability to work remotely, on a deadline, and on multiple projects at once
- Is self-motivated to get the job done
- Likes to interact with and help people
- Is patient enough to deal with frustrated folks that have a wide range of technical experience (or lack thereof)
- Has great critical thinking skills, a good work ethic, and customer service skills
- Treats support work as a friendly puzzle to be solved
- Likes to have a lot of fun tinkering around inside the guts of cool websites
- Gets more kicks out of removing elements from a page than adding them
- Wants to learn, push themselves, and make the web a better place to be