We are looking for a remote back-end developer with at least one year advanced WordPress development experience.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://webdevstudios.com/job-application/ →
We are looking for a remote back-end developer with at least one year advanced WordPress development experience. The ideal candidate is someone who is actively working in the website and plugin development field and is knowledgeable about the most recent releases and standards of WordPress. Applicants should be passionate about WordPress and eager to learn and grow with our company.
Please note: This is not an entry-level position. Experienced programmers only.
Your job duties will include
- Developing WordPress plugins, custom functionality, and themes
- Developing and maintaining complex WordPress-based applications
- Supporting clients in a fast paced environment
- Using bug tracking, project tracking, and SVN +/or Git software
- A variety of miscellaneous development tasks involved in the web development life cycle from start to finish
- Heavy lifting data, migrations, etc.
- Good understanding of accessibility considerations and web standards
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work remotely with little to no supervision is a must
- Available during the day, Eastern time, Monday through Friday
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a team player and grow as business grows
- Experience using SVN & Git software a plus
Types of projects we’re doing lately
- WordPress websites, mainly (some with and some without a blog) for small and large businesses, multisite networks, social communities and lots of social media integration.
- WordPress with eCommerce (WooCommerce experience is a plus)
- WordPress Multisite and BuddyPress
- Membership sites with WordPress
(…Do you get a feeling that we do a LOT of WordPress sites??? We do!)
- Remote work – Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm EST
- Office dress code: Pajamas, if you like.
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- Full-time employees enjoy benefits such as Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K
- Pay rate is based on experience and abilities
- Lots and lots of informal gif sharing
We’re looking for someone who
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Likes to have a lot of fun tinkering around inside the guts of cool websites.
- Gets more kicks out of removing elements from a page than adding them.
- Wants to learn, push themselves, and make the web a better place to be.
- Excellent time management and ability to work, remotely, on a deadline and on multiple projects at once.
- Great critical thinking skills, a good work ethic, and customer service skills.
*No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered, but we are open to worldwide applicants!*
We give each application consideration, but please do be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be contacting you within the next week or two.