WebDevStudios is searching for a Lead Engineer to join our Engineering team.
To apply for this job please visit webdevstudios.com.
Do you enjoy leading projects and teams? Are you enthusiastic to push the web forward, and better yourself? Are you passionate about mentoring and serving your teammates? Join and let’s work together to solve some of the most interesting and challenging engineering problems in the WordPress space through our partnerships with our amazing clients.
We are searching for passionate, proactive people who want to help build great websites. We want to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace where we can learn from each other and encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. Studies show that minorities are less likely to apply if they do not meet 100% of the qualifications but we would love to hear from you even if you feel like you don’t meet every single qualification. We are open to training the right person who has the right attitude and fit.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
As a Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for helping lead the effort to define and develop the technical vision of projects for your team. You will also ensure the code being delivered is of substantial quality. In practice, this means mentoring your team, reviewing code, coordinating releases, partnering with Project Managers and stakeholders to keep an eye on milestones and budgets. You will need excellent verbal and written communication skills — while adhering to our values, Agile methodologies, coding best practices, and established organizational processes.
This is a full-stack engineering role, and modern frontend experience is often needed alongside traditional PHP backend expertise.
QUALITIES THAT MATTER TO OUR TEAM
- A positive attitude, a good work ethic, and enjoy helping others.
- Be a supportive team member and leader.
- Be candid and respectful.
- Not afraid to ask for help, teachable, a quick study, and have the ability to be flexible when “stuff happens.”
- Understand deadlines and can complete a variety of tasks throughout the week.
- Willing to participate in company-paid training courses to further their skills.
- Excited about contributing back to open-source technologies.
- Comfortable communicating via Slack and participating in video calls with their team while working remotely.
- Define and deliver solutions for prioritized deliverables.
- Lead, mentor, and support other Engineers.
- Partner with the Project Manager to ensure project teams meet documented deadlines, budgets, and complete tasks in accordance with project milestones.
- Enforce coding best practices and testing requirements.
- Communicate the status of your work to Project Managers and participate in a project team and department calls.
- Take responsibility for the engineering success of your project(s).
- Be available during normal business hours.
- Able to work remotely, with a strong emphasis on communication and organizational skills.
- You have 2+ years of professional experience as a Lead Engineer, Technical Lead, or Team Lead.
- You have good working knowledge with: build-tools like Webpack, Docker, Local, package management tools like NPM and Composer, as well as Git, Tailwind CSS and preprocessors like SASS.
- You have experience developing responsive interfaces and debugging for a wide range of browsers and devices.
- You have a strong comprehension of PHP and object-oriented programming (OOP) practices.
- You have experience setting up code deployments and build/test environments.
- You are familiar with Agile SCRUM and Waterfall project methodologies.
- You can follow, and help enforce, coding best practices.
- You possess the ability to work effectively and dependably in remote environments.
- You possess the confidence to effectively present well-reasoned options to decision-makers.
- 100% Paid Medical
- 25 days paid time off
- Paid sick leave
- Unlimited Flex Time
- 401k+ Employer Match
- Continuing Education
- Hardware Allowance
- Parental Leave