We’re looking for a Full-time WordPress Developer, who is passionate about sustainable web design and development, to join our semi-remote team based in London.
To apply for this job please visit wholegraindigital.bamboohr.com.
About Wholegrain Digital
Wholegrain Digital is on a mission to use design and web technology to help create a sustainable future. We want to lead the way in becoming a truly sustainable business and greening the internet.
Established in 2007, we are one of Europe’s most established WordPress web design agencies, working with some of the world’s most positive organisations and we are proud to be a Certified B Corporation.
Based in London, our team adopt a semi-remote working culture with the aim of providing the perfect balance of customer service, team interaction and work-life harmony. We work to create an inclusive and supportive environment in which people are empowered to do their best work and are valued for their contribution, regardless of their background. Our non-conventional structure avoids politics and bureaucracy, encouraging all team members to challenge and be challenged in order to continually improve every aspect of what we do.
About the role
Wholegrain Digital is a world leader in sustainable web design and development. We are looking for a Senior WordPress Developer who is self-driven, has a high attention to detail and excellent technical capabilities. If this sounds like you, then do get in touch.
This is a full time, semi remote position in an open and relaxed environment. You will be required to attend our London office every Thursday and will split the remainder of your time between working from home our office at Somerset House in London and meetings at client offices in London.
As a developer, you will be expected to develop bespoke WordPress themes (not a theme modification) and plugins to match the project requirements. In most cases, you would be provided a website designed in Sketch, with a functional specification detailing expected functionality. The end result should be pixel perfect, accessible, responsive, efficient (low carbon emissions), secure, and performant. We also have a number of retainer clients so there will also be varied support and maintenance tasks to carry out.
Does this sound like you?
- Advanced understanding of WordPress.
- Highly experienced in PHP, HTML, SCSS and JS development, with considerable experience developing custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Experience working as part of a development team (minimum 5+ years)
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think clearly and logically
- Solid knowledge of and passion for the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), including WCAG 2.0 and WCAG 2.1.
- Experience with multilingual and multi-site WordPress installs
- Experience with Version Control systems (Git)
- Can work to deadline and juggle competing priorities
- Willingness to take ownership of projects
- Experience using build tools (Gulp, webpack, Sass)
- Experience with automated deployment
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Understanding of fundamental of DNS configurations, CDNs and SSL
Bonus points for:
- Experience maintaining build tools
- Developed an open source theme or plugin, or given a talk
Are you the right sort of person?
We are looking for someone who has the above skills to do the job, but perhaps more importantly, we are looking for someone who has the right attitude and who shares our vision to create a sustainable business and to help green the web.
- Be a proactive communicator
- Have the ability to communicate without jargon
- Instinctively look to always help those around you
- Be a confident facilitator, able to lead a group to conclusions without ego or personal bias
- Enjoy variety and have the ability to switch
- Always strive to make things better
- Have an eagerness to learn
- Believe in the importance of standardisation and processes
- Have the ability to understand business requirements of Wholegrain and our clients
- Have the ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Be naturally honest and dependable
- Flexible working
- Rewards for using renewable energy at home
- Team Days
- Climate perks
- Birthdays off
- Perks through work scheme
- Paid travelling for WordPress events in Europe
- Discounts and invitations to events and facilities at Somerset House
How to Apply:
We get a lot of good looking applications, so please ensure you submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio along withy your application. You can submit your application here