Senior PHP/WordPress Backend Developer
Thousands of businesses run WordPress. Many more would like to, and that’s where you come in. You will be part of a small and agile team building and delivering WordPress Solutions to clients worldwide.
A superb candidate:
- You are a talented developer with PHP/WordPress experience or keen to learn.
- You love putting together innovative technology solutions, with a special talent for achieving outcomes.
- You are self-motivated and a ferocious problem solver. You are not afraid saying “I don’t know” and when you don’t, you look for other options, make suggestions and decide with the team.
- You’re dependable. If you say you’re going to get something done by Tuesday, then it’s done by Tuesday.
- You’re quick, but clean. You need to be focused on getting results with speed. At the same time, you need to write clean, clear code that others can understand, that is scalable, object oriented, and commented.
- You’re familiar with Agile software development practices (SCRUM) and testdriven development. (preferably)
An exceptional role:
- Being comfortable in an environment that supports short iteration cycles with frequent releases (that is, deadlines).
- Teaming up and making the effort to move our projects forward the more efficient and quickly possible.
- Working independently, prioritizing and accomplishing the tasks needed to achieve all goals.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, a flexible work schedule, and continued education (conferences, training seminars, books, etc.). Commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are also looking for freelance contract roles of 20-30+ hours per week of work.
We’re seeking applicants who have a perfect command of the English language. Please do not apply if you are not totally fluent in English.
To apply, include:
- A brief introduction. Tell us about you! We care about who you are as a person.
- Describe your relevant experience.
- Your résumé
- Links to GitHub or similar code repos. (seriously. don’t leave this out.)
- Personal website and/or LinkedIn and GitHub profile.