Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make our WordPress blog the very best in the WP space and turn all our readers into raving WP Buffs fans!
To apply for this job please visit wpbuffs.com.
WP Buffs is the very best 24/7 technical support partner for any individual, business or organization with a WordPress website. Building strong and long-lasting relationships with our customers is our highest priority. We’re looking to add driven people to our team who are obsessed with making customers and partners happy, being a core member of an ambitious team and creating a digital world filled with magnificent WordPress websites. If this sounds like you, read on!
You don’t need to be highly technical with 20 years of dev experience for this role. But you do need to know enough WordPress to manage all the Elementor content on wpbuffs.com as well as a team of writers, SEOs, designers, etc to do the same.
You also need to love solving complex content challenges to help our readers get the absolute most out of every piece of content we deliver to them.
HTML, CSS and technical experience is good, although not required. What’s most important is a strong enough background in the WordPress dashboard and Elementor to make our content shine.
Full product training is provided to the right candidate to ensure success!
- 3+ years of WordPress dashboard experience
- 3+ years in the WordPress community
- 1+ year(s) of Elementor experience
- 1+ year(s) of running SEO campaigns and driving Google traffic to website(s)
- Ability to manage small team of writers, SEOs, designers, etc
- Solid understanding of pain points of WordPress users, agencies, freelancers and web professionals
- Proven track record of managing WordPress content
- Fluent and error-free English written and verbal communication
- Basic HTML
- Basic CSS
- Conversion optimization (to drive traffic, collect email addresses, generate leads, etc)
If you’re confident in your WordPress content skills and can hold your own, you’ll fit well into our already talented team!
As the head of our content team, you are fully responsible for making sure our team achieves the following outcomes.
- Transition all existing blog content from Classic Editor to Elementor with help from our WordPress engineers.
- Increase blog traffic on a quarterly basis by experimenting with strategic content revamps, guiding new content strategy, managing SEO team and writers, etc.
- Increase lead generation (from organic search) on a quarterly basis by experimenting with smarter audience targeting, strategic in-content click-through opportunities, heavy A/B testing, content partnerships with other WordPress companies & blogs, etc.
- Increase the size of our email list on a quarterly basis by experimenting with smarter audience targeting, new lead magnets, strategic in-content click-through opportunities, heavy A/B testing, etc.
- Be an active participant in the company culture by being present and communicating with the team in Slack throughout the day.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, you might be a good fit on our team!
It’s not just customer success skills you need to be a Buff. It’s the right attitude with which you come to work with every day.
- Practice radical transparency
- Make decisions and own them
- Take customer-focused action
- Deliver exceptional results on-time
- Double check all work for completeness and correctness
- Lead by example
- Always have the backs of other Buffs
- Work full days during your shift
If you’re confident you can live and breathe these values, you’ll be a good fit for our team!
These are woven into the DNA of every Buff.
- Humble: our team knows that we don’t know everything. When you come on board with WP Buffs, we expect you to admit when you make errors, ask when you don’t know the answer and always tell the truth.
- Hungry: we want to be the very best technical support partner for any individual, business or organization with a WordPress website. That means going above and beyond for our customers is the norm.
- Smart: we’re a talented bunch who all know how to navigate any WordPress dashboard and hosting provider. Diving into technical work, improving internal systems and finding innovative solutions excites you.
Our North Star, practiced and pursued daily.
- Practice radical transparency: you’re unapologetically yourself and honest, maybe to a fault. You give honest and sincere feedback and love when people are honest with you, whether it’s an easy or difficult conversation.
- Make decisions and own them: when decisions are made, you are all in. Nothing will keep you from accomplishing your individual and team goals. Furthermore, you make them your personal mission because it’s the right thing to do.
- Take customer-focused action: every decision or action we take as a team has our customers and partners in mind. Our goal is to help them accomplish theirs, so living and dying by our customers’ success is a requirement.
- Exceptional results, on-time: we take everything to the next level. Average and late work won’t be tolerated here. If doing big things and racing to the finish line gets you pumped up, you’re in the right place.
- Lead by example: nobody at WP Buffs sits on their high horse and expects others to do the work. We all get our hands dirty and no matter your position, you’ll be instrumental in the work we do.
- Always have each others’ backs: we’re a family here at WP Buffs and that means creating an environment of trust. Have the backs of your fellow Buffs and they’ll have yours. Together, we’ll win the day. It’s just that easy.
Being a great fit here is just as much about you as it is us.
- You’ve worked remotely: you’ve done remote work before and teamed up with a distributed team.
- You’re a self-starter: you don’t need permission to get work done. You choose action over inactivity.
- You can follow detailed instructions: much of our work is systematized. Reading and following directions is a strength.
- You’re friendly: being polite, smiling and laughing are important parts of your day.
- You want to improve: making yourself a little bit better each and every day is what drives you.
- You’re self-accountable: you don’t need anybody micromanaging the quality of your work because you are your own hardest critic.
- You’re responsive: when a teammate hails you on livechat, you always answer. Because good communication is important.
- You’re trustworthy: you do what you say you will and you’ll work hard to make sure everybody on the team knows that.
- You love feedback: you’re comfortable receiving feedback and will use it to fuel your improvement.
- You’re results-oriented: we measure success with data. You’re always motivated to improve the numbers.
- You’re helpful: when a teammate needs help with something, you’re the first person to jump in and help out.
- You like gifs & emojis: these are pretty big staples of our internal team chat. Yep – we can get pretty goofy.
With most remote jobs, working remotely is the only plus. Not here. Yes, you’ll be working hard. And that means you’ll be well taken care of.
- Unlimited vacation: take time off when you need it. We work very hard but prioritize the health of our employees.
- Work remotely: you can work from anywhere as long as you have a strong, secure internet connection.
- Travel budget: we all receive funds to travel to WordCamps, conferences or work with fellow Buffs.
- Flexible work schedule: as long as you work full hours and it’s done well and on-time, you work when you want.
- Gym pass: we pay for gym memberships and fitness classes so you can stay healthy and balanced.
- Unlimited books: we pay for any book or audiobook you buy, whether it’s fiction or nonfiction.
- Equipment & technology budget: we’ll buy you a standing desk, headphones and any other technology you need.
- Professional development budget: all the Buffs want to level up their skills, so we provide professional development opportunities.
- 3 months of parental leave: whether you’re going to be a new mom or dad, take 12 weeks paid time off with your new little one.
- Full benefits coverage: healthcare, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability & life insurance. Buffs outside the US are also covered.
- 401k: coming soon. Save for retirement and we’ll match up to 4% so you can feel comfortable with your future.
- Coworking space: want to work in a co-working space? We’ll cover the costs so your can work where you want.
“Our new Editor in Chief is somebody who works relentlessly to get content structured exactly how they want it. Then they’ll make every WP Buffs blog post a lead generation machine by executing on the systems and documentation they create. Once he/she gets their hands on our blog, there will be no such thing as, ‘an OK article.’” Allie Nimmons, Customer Success Manager, Miami, USA
“Our new Editor in Chief understands that growing the business means turning readers and other folks in our audience into customers and white-label partners. They’ll need to focus on not just making our content the best around, but converting traffic and readers into hot leads who want to team up with WP Buffs.” Dean Burton, Customer Success Lead, Seville, Spain
“The WordPress content space has gotten much more competitive over the past few years. Our new EiC is absolutely obsessed with making our content as good as humanly possible down to the little details. They’ll live and die by the WP Buffs blog becoming the premier online hub where people go to get help with WordPress.” Joe Howard, Founder & CEO, Washington, DC, USA
Salary for this position is completely dependent on your experience, location, technical skills, how well you can help us tackle the outcomes for this position and the competencies you can display as a member of this team. This is something we’re happy to discuss once you’ve gotten further along in the application process.
WP Buffs is a revenue-funded business, meaning we have to be selective with our spending. We cannot afford exorbitant salaries like massive, funded companies can. If you’re looking for a big payday or a salary commensurate with a $100M+ company, you probably shouldn’t apply because you’ll be disappointed with our offer from a financial perspective. But if working remotely, joining a fantastic team, working on fun, challenging WordPress problems and coming to a place where you rate of learning will increase exponentially all gets your blood pumping, we’d love you to apply.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At WP Buffs, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. WP Buffs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
While this all sounds good, WP Buffs is run by humans. Sometimes biases are unconscious and hidden. Diversity programs and training might not work as expected. And good intentions are often inadequate. That’s why we’re always working to improve in this area and welcome an open dialogue. Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org to help us be a better equal opportunity employer.
GETTING YOUR APPLICATION NOTICED
We receive 100s of applications for each position here at WP Buffs. Help yours stand out from the crowd with some advice from Kyle, Joe and Christie: How to effectively get hired in the WordPress space