Right now, we’re doing $250K in ARR. By the end of next year, we will be a $1M company and it will be you who leads the charge. Boom!
WP Buffs is the very best technical support partner for any individual, business or organization with a WordPress website. Building strong and long-lasting relationships with our customers is our highest priority. We’re looking to add a team member who can make the priorities of our customers their own. Your ultimate goals are happy customers and magnificent WordPress websites.
1. You will take the lead on our SEO campaign. We receive tens of thousands of unique visitors every month, but it’s not enough. You’ll take full accountability on helping our website attract not only more visitors, but a higher caliber user who are ready to buy. This means managing keyword research, all the SEO aspects of our content and on-page and off-page SEO in general.
2. You will also optimize our systems for conversion. Once somebody hits our website, it’s your job to find out the best way to convert them into a new customer. That means optimizing email conversion, working with our copywriter to adjust email content and in general finding new ways to convert traffic into customers.
3. You’ll be fully managing inbound sales as well. So you can learn even more about our customers and their needs, you’ll take the lead on all sales calls with potential direct customers and white-label partners. You’ll also hop on livechat to do this at a higher level.
4. If you excel, we will be hiring more specialist marketing positions and you will have the chance to manage the marketing team. Management experience is not a requirement for this position. But we are looking for someone who is willing to consider stepping back from the marketing and sales execution and manage the work of other people at some point.
Even more important than your responsibilities is how you fit into our team here at WP Buffs. Living and breathing our values and principles is an absolute requirement for any new recruit.
Everything we do is driven by our customers and white-label partners. Our aim is to help as many website owners and digital agencies with WordPress as possible. The goal is to get so many people comfortable with WordPress that it powers 51% of the internet.
You can read all about our values here. They’re completely public so that we’re accountable for living up to them and our customers can hold us to these standards.
OUR TEAM FOUNDATIONS
1. Create an environment of trust: It’s hard to be vulnerable and unless we create an environment of trust, we won’t take risks. Asking for help and admitting mistakes resolves problems much more quickly.
2. Have healthy conflict: It’s important that everyone feel safe to disagree. It hurts the company and the mission to never push each other to make better decisions.
3. Commit to decisions: Once a decision has been made, the team commits to support it fully.
4. Accountability to decisions: We are accountable to decisions, deadlines and commitments. Our decisions affect other people (team, customers, etc) and we are each responsible for owning what we commit to.
5. Focus on results: We are measured by our output, not our input. The process matters much less than the product of that process. Results are our measure of success.
This position is a great fit for someone who:
- Understands the structural functionality of WordPress
- Geeks out hard when it comes to inbound marketing
- Is a self-starter who loves to deliver sustainable solutions
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt and incorporate feedback from others
- Is a fast learner
- Is excited about working with a remote team
- Wants a flexible job that’s not a traditional 9-5
- Appreciates emojis and gifs
- Firm grasp of the English language
- Minimum 2 years in WordPress
- Available Mon-Fri
- Experience with plugins like Yoast and WordPress in general
- Experience with tools like Sumo, ConvertKit, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Moz, etc
- Regular WordCamp attendee, speaker, volunteer or organizer
- The drive to be given goals and accomplich them no matter the method
- You have your own suite of SEO tools that you’re ready to use
Success in this position looks like:
- Move from 50,000 unique visitors > 100,000 by the end of the year
- 2x conversion through entire sales funnel by the end of the year
- Regular reports and 1-on-1s to continue to move things forward
- You ask a ton of questions because you want to get to know how we do things as intimately as possible
- You’re fun to work with and everyone who works with you has a better day because of it
What we expect:
- Confident and positive engagement with the WP Buffs team
- Active participation in WP Buffs internal team chat
- Feedback and contribution to the team so we can all learn
- Eagerness to learn
- Transparency with workload or needs
- Ability to turn constructive criticism into improved performance
- You must be able to give feedback as well as take it. Honest communication is crucial to our team
Tools we use:
These are the software tools you’ll need to be (or become) proficient in:
“WP Buffs is not for everybody. If you’re looking for a job that will let you coast, get away with being lazy and not be a team player, you wouldn’t last long here. If you’re ready to commit to a great team for the long-term, take the next step in your marketing career and ditch the traditional 9-5, we’re looking forward to seeing what you’re made of. Booyah!” – Joe Howard, Head Buff
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit an application that includes answers to the following questions:
- Who are you?
- What’s your favorite post from the WP Buffs blog and why?
- What was your last big adventure?
- What’s your next big adventure?
- What’s your favorite WordCamp memory?
- A link to 1-3 other websites you’ve worked with
- What’s the most fun inbound marketing project you’ve worked on? (please go into detail)
- What’s the biggest SEO win you’ve had?
- What are your 3 must-read inbound marketing blogs?
- What SEO tools will you be bringing to the table? How will they each help us?
- Links to your social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc)
- What’s your favorite emoji?
- What are your salary requirements?
- What grammatical error is in this job post?