Help make XWP the greatest place to work in all of the WordPress ecosystem!
To apply for this job please visit join.xwp.co.
XWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, News Corp, and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.
Our team of over 100 experts (from over 30 countries and 6 continents) enjoy challenging work, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and many opportunities to grow and learn. We’re a fully remote team that prizes flexibility, autonomy, and trust in the workplace, making a rewarding career accessible wherever you are and whatever stage of life you’re in. We have a passion and enthusiasm for what we do and a sincere care for each other and our clients.
We are looking for the right person to join our People team to help coordinate all People Operations work and support us in creating the best experience we can together for all XWPeople.
Who You Are
- You find great fulfillment in making other people’s lives better from behind-the-scenes
- You can thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment, applying your strong attention to detail and contextualizing quality/thoroughness to the situation
- You have excellent writing skills, both informally (via chat) and formally (via announcements, documentation, etc) and know you’d enjoy the demands of an async communication environment
- You’ve built a reputation as someone who is very trustworthy
- You have a servant-leadership mindset, focused on supporting and enabling others
- You’ve developed strong empathy, active listening, and relationship building skills
- You balance personal initiative with a bias for understanding and alignment
- You know you can find work-life harmony with the give and take of schedule flexibility and work needs that extend across many time zones
- You value regular collaboration, but also autonomy, and have the self-management skills to operate dependably in a fully-remote role
- You enjoy a variety of work, including executing existing processes that require attention to detail, collaborative ideation and troubleshooting, and individual problem solving/creativity.
What You’ve Done
- Through active participation or close collaboration, you’ve developed an understanding of the People Operations / Human Resources function
- You’ve applied deliberate effort to shaping delightful experiences for those you or your organization serve
- You’ve served in a role focused on helping to organize, coordinate, and support the work of others
- You’ve written communications and documentation for both internal and external audiences
- You have experience handling the sensitive data of others with care and discretion
- You’ve taken action to create, document, and build adoption of new processes and improved existing ones
What You’ll Do Here
- Actively participate in the People Ops team, giving and receiving support and feedback, helping align our efforts to address important or time sensitive needs and to improve our effectiveness attracting exceptional people and helping them thrive
- Support the processing, prioritization, and tracking of People Operations tasks
- Coordinate onboarding and offboarding, 360 feedback, reviews, and recognition of special dates for people across our community, in collaboration with other People Advocates and organizational leaders
- Champion improvements in People-related documentation and processes
- Support the sharing of regular, timely updates to the community from People Ops
- Support the planning of key XWP community events
- Help cultivate a community that is reflective of our core values and vision
What Success Looks Like
- Increasing the velocity of improvements made to the XWPeople experience
- Increasing consistency and timeliness in execution of regularly planned processes, like new team member onboarding and 360 feedback surveys
- Increasing helpfulness in documentation and communication to the XWP community from People Operations
- Increasing productivity and effectiveness across the diverse members and tasks of the People Team
Payscale & Benefits
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- Remote work done right! High levels of schedule flexibility, time to invest in family, caregiving, and interests outside of work
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our team members and the open web
- An expected pay range of USD $25-40 per hour
- Potential to begin your engagement working anywhere from 25-40 hours per week
Unleash+ allowance of $2,500 per year to enrich your life
- XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Are you intrigued?
Apply now and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!