Earlier this week Cory Miller sat down with Dr. Sherry Walling to discuss her tips and advice for managing fear, anxiety and uncertainty.
- Get some big deep breaths — Four slow seconds in, four slow seconds out. 😤
- Refocus on gratitude — What are you thankful for? 🙏🏻
- Have your inner voice of worry make an appointment — Put it on a schedule that’s not 24/7. Listen to it; it’s there to protect you, but once its time is up, move on. 🗓️
- Connect with others daily — Social distancing doesn’t mean losing connection. Do lunch or a snack or a quick break. Try virtual coworking. 👩💻
- Have playtime — Maybe that’s Legos, cooking, or pulling out your old musical instruments. 🎺
- Get your heart rate up with exercise — Like a family dance competition, yoga, or pushups. 🤾♀️
- Limit your news consumption to 15 minutes a day. 🔇
- For single people living alone and missing physical touch: Find a soft comfortable and perhaps heavy blanket, take a hot bath. 🛀
- For entrepreneurs: Remember, you can’t do everything yourself and you can’t fix everything by yourself. In fact, we’re all in this together, especially your team. “Leadership means you’re hosting the conversation. You’re listening. you’re engaging, it doesn’t mean that you are the ultimate decider.” 👂
Today Cory’s friend and psychologist Dr. Nick Wignall is also offering Office Hours and Q&A.