Contract-to-Hire All Around Developer – Mostly site/theme builds but backend development too!
As a long term freelancer, I am looking to expand my company by adding another experienced developer to the team. I have had a steady flow of work for the past 3 years I’ve been freelancing full time and it has gotten to the point where I can bring someone else on board. I’m looking for someone that is comfortable working remotely with a freelance mindset, able to set their own schedule to get a task done, and manage their time efficiently. I’m currently looking to hire a 1099 (contract) employee, but exploring full-time employee options with benefits. I think it’s important to start off on a contract basis so both of us can decide if it’s going to be a good fit.
Here are some of the things I’m looking for in a candidate:
- Works Independently
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Good Communication Skills
I run a pretty straight-forward dev setup. I’m open to new ideas, but here are some technical requirements:
- Familiar with LAMP (or Nginx) stack and of course WordPress
- Familiar with working in a local setup – you need your own computer, one will not be provided.
- Usage of a Theme Framework – Preferably Genesis, but open to others
- Object Oriented PHP with cleanly written code
- SASS/Grunt or Gulp
- Familiar with Git (command line or GUI is fine)
- Basic command line familiarity
- Tabs, not spaces.
Some of the experience/examples I’m looking for are:
- Plugin Development
- Custom or Child Theme Development
- High quality, detail oriented, responsive websites
I usually get a wide variety of types of projects, so be prepared for anything and everything. Rate will depend on experience but will range from $40/hr to $80/hr.