Crowd Favorite, a leading enterprise Open Source agency, is looking for a full-stack Web developer to join our Digital Support Services team, creating innovative solutions for our clients and providing long-term support for multiple sites.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
This is a remote US-based job, but you must be legally able to work in the United States and be physically in the US. We’re looking for a creative, flexible thinker who has a proven track record of using the right solution for the right job, be it a custom-built Laravel application or creative solutions for WordPress sites. Internal and client-facing communication is critical, so an ability to communicate clearly, especially written, is required. If you are a Laravel and WordPress developer who excels at translating client asks and designs into clear requirements & elegant experiences for visitors and website admins and are eager to collaborate in close-knit teams creating solutions that push boundaries, then we’d love to hear from you.
This is a development position, so code is involved
- Be ready to review some examples of effective solutions that you created. A link to a Git repo or Bitbucket repo gives us something to look at together.
- Be ready to discuss them, to talk about them. Walk us through your thought processes. What worked, what didn’t work, etc.
- Be ready to talk about how long it took to create the solutions. How off was the time it took from the original estimate? Did you give input on the estimate, or was it decided by others and simply imparted to you?
- At least 3 years of full-stack WordPress development
- At least 2 years of full-stack custom Laravel development
- Demonstrable experience in PHP software development best practices, code tests, and object-oriented programming
- Deep experience building cross-browser/cross-platform responsive websites
- Ability to work roughly US Central or East Coast business hours in order to have some overlap with other team members
- Thorough understanding of custom theme development and plugin development, including blocks
- Excellent knowledge of collaborative team development workflows using git and deployment pipelines
- Strong experience with content migrations from existing websites
- Experience integrating with common 3rd-party CRM, email marketing, and payment platforms
- Clear understanding of accessibility principles including WCAG requirements
- Experience breaking down requirements into clear development plans and budgets
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Comfortable working productively with a distributed team
- At ease communicating clearly with clients
- Experience setting up the infrastructure necessary to run a WordPress site (web hosting, CDN, DNS, SSL, etc)
- Has an understanding of virtualization and experience with some flavor of virtual environments such as Docker or Vagrant
Crowd Favorite has a package of benefits that demonstrates our commitment to our team. Our time off policy is permissive, and covers holidays specific to your location, illness and professional development. We believe that a truly quality work-life balance requires a flexible and thoughtful approach to time away from work.
We respect the life our team leads, and even though we are not subject to FMLA or other requirements, we provide a family leave policy that is quite generous.
For our full-time US based employees we provide a 3 tier insurance option with United Healthcare and we provide a contribution to the cost of your monthly premium, which increases after a year if you are covering a family member (spouse or child). We also cover the cost completely for dental, vision and a small life insurance policy through Guardian Insurance. Finally, we also cover the cost for a telemedicine option through Healthiest You, which has the benefit of no copays for visits.
For US based team members, we have a competitive 401(k) retirement plan with Human Interest, and we match your contribution up to 4%.
We support you with provision of company hardware if needed, additional work space items upon request, all tools and subscriptions at company cost, educational accounts for training, and even travel and other costs related to professional development.
Crowd Favorite is committed to building an inclusive experience for all our employees. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting those future problem solvers, we firmly believe our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be who they are.