We are seeking a talented marketer with both the technical chops and curiosity to learn about Frontity, and the communication skills to compellingly tell the world about it.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.
Frontity is a distributed, vibrant tech startup born in Madrid, Spain. Our company’s mission is to make building delightful user experiences universally accessible.
We have created an open-source framework for building websites with WordPress and React easily. We are bringing to the table an innovative way to build user interfaces for WordPress (which powers 40% of the websites and growing) and aim to become the de facto solution for the next generation of the web. Frontity Framework is built on the principles of simplicity and collaboration while using open source technology and embracing a thriving community of people who love the open web.
We have been working on modernizing the way WordPress works since 2015 and have a deep understanding of the ecosystem. You can learn more about our story and philosophy here.
Last year Automattic (the parent company of WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and Tumblr) invested in our company along with K-Fund, one of the biggest VC funds in Spain. In 2019, Frontity was one of the 8 startups selected to join the Google for Startups Residency Program in Madrid.
About this position
- Role: we are seeking a talented marketer with both the technical chops and curiosity to learn about Frontity, and the communication skills to compellingly tell the world about it. You will help us increase Frontity’s brand awareness and impact, with the ultimate goal of supporting the adoption and growth of the framework.
- Location: remote (you’ll be mostly working with people based in GMT and GMT+1)
- Type of work: full time
- Start date: immediately
- Salary range: 23k – 28k €
- Work alongside our Marketing Lead to help produce and distribute content that supports our marketing goals. This includes writing and editing blog posts, case studies, user stories, and creating other marketing materials and assets as needed.
- Assist with planning and announcing new product features, releases, and other relevant communications.
- Explore and identify new marketing and content opportunities to increase awareness in our target market, positively position our brand, and bring in new users.
- Track, measure and analyze all initiatives to report on results of our marketing efforts.
- Help monitor, manage and increase our online presence spanning multiple social channels.
Assist with website content updates, newsletters, and media outreach when needed.
You will be a good fit for this position if:
- You have excellent writing and communication skills.
- You’re fluent in both written and spoken English.
- You are autonomous, resourceful, well-organized, and have a strong attention to detail.
- You have a solid understanding of how to make content and have empathy for users, being able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage Frontity’s audience.
- You feel comfortable with technical content, since you will work in a web development driven environment. Terms such as React, WordPress, and headless CMS should be familiar to you.
- You’re curious and ask questions. We highly value a positive attitude and the willingness to research and learn.
Nice to have:
- Proven experience creating content and writing messaging for a tech or developer audience.
- Previous experience in developer or product marketing for open source software.
- A technical background and/or knowledge about web development tools and WordPress.
- Knowledge of social media and marketing tools.
What we offer
- Access to the company’s stock options plan.
- Fully distributed startup. If you don’t like to work from home, we will cover the cost of a co-working space.
- Flexibility to take time off when necessary, 28 days paid-vacation policy + 14 bank holidays.
No extra hours. Never ever.
- Join a small and friendly team that works in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Everyone has a say in how things are done and can propose new initiatives.
- Work on an open-source product that will have a positive impact on millions of websites.
- Yearly team retreat (when the pandemic is over). So far we’ve been to Vienna, Paris, Belgrade, and Berlin.
These are the steps that you can expect in this process:
- Send in your application so that we can know more about you.
- If your skills match what we’re looking for and we feel that you would be a good addition to our team, we will ask you to have a call in order to get to know each other better, explain upcoming responsibilities, answer questions, and make sure we are on the same page.
- We will ask you to complete some practical tests to learn more about your abilities and talent.
- Final fit meeting.