The Platform for Extraordinary Websites
Pantheon is the WebOps platform for websites that deliver extraordinary results. We believe in putting the magic of the internet in everyone’s hands. That’s why we’re so passionate about helping developers, IT and marketing develop, test, and release website changes faster and more reliably so they can build and maintain websites that create value for their organizations. Our cloud native software makes it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform.
Pantheon’s core values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We’re enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Pantheon grew out of the community of professional web development teams building sites with WordPress and Drupal. The Developer Relations team keeps Pantheon connected to those roots and are passionate about helping developers build websites that deliver outstanding results. As a Senior Developer Advocate you will join the team that drives our worldwide developer advocacy efforts to elevate our developer community and help drive growth at Pantheon. You will play an integral role in inspiring web developers to use our platform, engaging with our developer community, and representing Pantheon in the broader open source communities. By crafting content like videos, presentations, technical blogs, demos and social media you will encourage developers to try Pantheon and be successful on the platform in their organizations. If you are eager to be part of a diverse team with big goals and have a passion for developers this is your dream job.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Build technical content such as videos, conference presentations, technical blogs, demos and sample code to encourage and enable developers
- Prototype projects and technical integrations using the Pantheon platform and tools in the broader ecosystem
- Serve as a leader with vision to engage developers on innovative ways and solutions
- Act as the voice of developers by summarizing patterns observed in the community and sharing that information with multi-functional teams to provide input to the developer experience and the product direction
- Be an ambassador for Pantheon and participate in the Pantheon community as well as the larger open source communities
- Help define and implement strategies for driving developer awareness and adoption of the Pantheon Platform
What you Bring to the Table
- 4+ years experience with web development with WordPress
- 2+ years experience in developer education, developer relations or a customer facing role
- Solid understanding and expertise in decoupled CMS architectures
- Consistent record of crafting and producing engaging and informative technical content (such as videos, technical blogs) that resonates with developers
- Experience creating presentations and speaking at technology conferences
- Clear communication skills to different internal and external audiences in both written and verbal mediums
- An active and credible presence in developer communities and contributions to an open source project
- Highly developed desire to share knowledge and help developers solve problems
- A self-starter attitude with proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to travel to conferences and other events
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Flexible time off, sick days, and 13 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- In-office workspace (San Francisco and New York) and remote home office furniture reimbursement
- Monthly allowance for wellness, reading and access to LinkedIn Learning for continued development
- Events and activities both team-based and companywide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
The US base salary range for this position is $110,000-$180,000 per year. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. At Pantheon, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.