We’re looking for an experienced developer to join a growing team as we give organizations the tools they need to make real change
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2014, we’re the makers of SparkInfluence, the fastest growing grassroots advocacy & CRM for groups looking to create change. Already the winners of the “Best Advocacy Technology Platform,” we continue to look for new ways to help our clients better organize, understand, educate and engage their community to move the dial and make a difference. We’re looking for a Software Engineer who is eager to help groups create lasting change and help push us ahead as we deliver dynamic solutions to our growing list of clients.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a Mid to Senior Level Software Engineer to join us. The right candidate must have 5+ years of experience in full stack development and have a proven track record of productivity in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and versatile candidate with solid technical knowledge to make an immediate impact. You’ll be contributing from your first week to a platform that helps people & organizations make a real change to their communities and the world around them. Overall, you’ll play an integral part in shaping the business as we continue to grow our product and our audience.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Building new features: Moving code through the complete software development lifecycle: planning, designing, executing, testing, and deployment
- Improving on / Iterating on existing functionality: We iterate constantly. You’ll be asked to troubleshoot, test, and deploy updates / patches to the core software platform and micro-service platforms
- Squashing Bugs: Potential for bug fixes and custom development for customer requests as needed
- Automated Testing: Strengthening the automated test suite for the core software platform
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years in web software development (Wordpress Plugin Development & Laravel Strongly Preferred) and a passion for what they do
- Proven experience with OOP principles and 12-factor app methodology
- A high level of comfort working with PHPUnit, and jQuery
- Proven experience writing performant code. Bonus points for having worked with different scaling strategies
- Working knowledge of asynchronous programming and multi-server environments
- Strong sense of curiosity, excellent debugging skills, and an ability to work independently and complete assignments with minimal direction
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Apache Solr and Zookeeper
- Mobile development
- Behavioral testing in PHP
- DevOps experience
- Machine Learning and Predictive Behavior Analysis
No sponsorship is available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
In addition to a competitive salary, the position provides health and dental benefits, 401k, training, and equipment. Whistle Stop Digital is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Rebecca Rottenberg at email@example.com.