Help lead the Developer Relations team that creates content for and builds relationships with our developer/builder customers, to help them be more successful working with WP Engine products and WordPress.
To apply for this job please visit anand.reddyhttps.
Manager, Developer Relations
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
What Is Cool About This Job
At WP Engine, our Developer Relations team works hard every day to support and grow the communities that use our products. Developer Relations creates content for and builds relationships with our developer/builder customers, to help them be more successful working with WP Engine products and WordPress in general. As the manager of the Developer Relations, you will lead this team by example, plan and develop content, coach and mentor the team, and build enduring customer relationships. As we continue to grow the team, you will interview and hire new team members.
The day to day
- Hiring and retaining a team of Developer Advocates, Technical Writers, and other roles to build a well rounded Developer Relations team.
- Supporting, coaching, and mentoring the individuals on the team. Helping each person achieve their career goals is a primary responsibility of managers at WP Engine.
- Establishing goals and holding the accountable for meeting their commitments.
- Coordinating the team content calendar, participation in conferences, and community building activities.
- Developing content (videos, presentations, blog posts, documentation, etc.) to support our developers and builders.
- Partnering with UX Research to understand and advocate for our customers’ needs.
Your skills and expertise.
- Experience leading and managing teams of engineers or content producers.
- A portfolio of developer-targeted content, demonstrating your ability to communicate and teach developers of a variety of experience levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience developing with or for WordPress.
- A deep understanding of web development industry.
- A passion for community building. Developer Relations is not a one way channel.
- Experience with front-end web development; familiarity with Node.js and React.
- Experience at a creative or digital agency producing websites for clients.
The perks and benefits:
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Fertility Benefits (IVF/Fertility drug coverage)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Family and Caregiver’s Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- One-time $500 Home Office Stipend
- Wellness Program (Wellness Days and monthly Wellness payments)
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.