Morten Rand-Hendriksen recently announced WP Rig, a community project supported by LinkedIn Learning, Google, XWP, and other members of the WordPress community. It’s being described as a “modern build process and progressive starter theme bundled together.” The goal is to simplify theme development and performance optimization with modern technologies. Some features include:
- Automated code linting to WordPress Coding Standards
- Built-in lazy-loading of images
- Built-in optional support for the AMP plugin
- Full integration with VS Code
- Streamlined workflow with BrowserSync.
It certainly looks impressive, and I can’t wait to try it out.
Also check out Morten’s recent post on making the web accessible through WordPress.