This is Fine.
Some days you feel like you’re on top of the world. You’ve got all your ducks in a row. You’ve got things planned. You know exactly what you’re doing and how you’re getting it done.
Then life says “I don’t think so, Michelle.” And hands you a bunch of unexpectedness.
The last few years have been like that. But then, isn’t life like that anyway? I think we’ll talk about the pandemic for a long time, and how it uprooted our lives by making us take root for a bit. We know change. We’re used to it. But it can still be painfully uncomfortable.
And yet change can also be so good! And invigorate new life into things that were on autopilot.
As Allie Nimmons steps away from the Underrepresented in Tech project and I move forward with it, I’m thinking about all the things I can do, and how I can keep propelling it without my founding partner. And you know what? It’s gonna be fine. It’s gonna be different. But it will still be good. And I look forward to seeing all the amazing things that Allie will be doing as she moves forward with some pretty awesome plans.
I hope you follow along.
Black Friday Deals!
Some of the deals on our Black Friday Deals page run through December, so take a look if there are things you’re still looking for!
Join Us on Meetup
Join us for our Meetups! Details on our Meetups are available on our Meetup page.
- December Professionals Meetup 12/12
- December Product Owners Meetup 12/13
- December Agency Owners Meetup 12/14
- Sam Brockway’s Blog: Unpacking Female Empowerment
- Marieke van de Rakt on the Post Status Blog: Agile all the way
- CodeInWP Blog: Meet the WCEU Lead Organizers for 2024!
- WCEU 2024: Call for Speakers
- WCAsia 2024: Tickets Available
- Audacity Marketing Podcast: Building Your [Audacious] Personal Brand
- WPMotivate Podcast: Allowing Ourselves To Receive Help From Others
- WordCamp Ahmedabad: December 9
- WordCamp Lahore: December 9-10
- State of the Word: December 11
Photo of the Week
Today’s photo of the week comes from Shruti Sona on WordPress Photos.