Post Status Podcasts
Post Status publishes four podcasts focused on news, analysis, community conversations, and career development for WordPress professionals — and we plan to add three more in 2022!
Post Status Comments is a place for WordPress professionals to exchange ideas and talk about recent topics and trends. It’s a way for our members to share experiences, analyses, and feelings that matter to the Post Status community and beyond. 💬
- Post Status Comments (No. 12) — WordPress LiteWhat if there was a “lite” version of WordPress that was still WordPress — still customizable under the hood but tuned up for a great user experience for particular use cases? For example — could a lite version be used to allow an admin to literally build an online store in minutes from a mobile device? How about just a note taking app with cool open web features? What if, what if, what if…!!!
- Post Status Comments (No. 11) — WordPress 19th Anniversary Meetup CelebrationA 19th birthday celebration for #WordPress with Mary Job, Nathan Wrigley, Naoko Takano, Carrie Dils, David Yarde, Joe Simpson Jr., Pat Ramsey, John Jacoby, Yvette Sonneveld, and Taco Verdo.
Hosted by Post Status Publisher Cory Miller, the Post Status Draft podcast is geared toward WordPress professionals, with interviews, news, and deep analysis. 📝
- Launching a WordPress Product in Public: Session 15Transcript ↓ In this episode, Cory Miller and Corey Maass discuss their progress on a project related to image generation and sharing. They explore the use of Open Graph (OG) images, social media platforms, and the importance of consistent branding. They mention the need for a logo and discuss the design concept, leaning towards a…
- The WP Agency Journey with Anil Gupta of MultidotsCory Miller as he interviews Anil Gupta, CEO of Multidots, in this insightful episode about WordPress in the enterprise space. They delve into the significance of collaboration tools, such as Multi Collab, in addressing content creation needs for enterprises. Anil shares his thoughts on the ongoing developments in Gutenberg and highlights the potential impact of…
Post Status Excerpt is your go-to place for weekly conversations covering the WordPress news and topics that we’re most engaged with in the WordPress community.
- Post Status Excerpt (No. 72) — Can We Get to “Yes” on Better UX?This week in an article shared in Post Status Slack, Eric Karkovack suggested some ways to improve the WordPress user experience, especially for DIY users setting up a website for the first time. Some of the things Eric wants to see happen, like a standard interface for plugins and a curated view of the plugin ecosystem, are also commonly expressed by designers, developers, and people in other roles at WordPress agencies serving enterprise clients. Can we get everyone to “yes” on a better UX?
- Post Status Excerpt (No. 71) — Building, Supporting, and Selling a Winning Product — With or Without WordPress.orgThis week I sat down again with Eric Karkovack to talk about the WordPress stories and topics that are on the top of our minds. Independently, we made nearly the same selections. There’s a single throughline in this episode — what works, what doesn’t, and what will take WordPress businesses forward in the product, agency, and hosting spaces.
Post Status’ Get Hired podcast is for anyone who wants to develop their new or existing career in WordPress. 🤝
- Marketing Jobs in WordPress with Terry TroutIn this episode of Get Hired, Michelle Frechette speaks with Terry Trout from Nexcess about what she looks for when hiring in marketing.
- Get InvolvedIn episode #5 of the Get Hired Podcast you’ll learn about networking opportunities like WordCamps, meetups, and WordPress.org teams.
Learn new skills and build your knowledge to enhance your career in WordPress! Post Status Upgrade is an ongoing series of live workshops centered around a skill or learning activity.
- Takeaways From My ‘Forced’ SabbaticalAre you going through burnout? You’re not alone. Here’s my story about burnout and a framework for working through it.
- Journaling Techniques That Will Change Your LifeKristen Wright, creator of “The Transformation Year” and two books on journaling explains how this practice can be life-changing.
Browse past episodes from all our podcasts, and don’t forget to subscribe to them on your favorite players. Post Status’ Draft, Comments, Crossword, Get Hired, and Excerpt podcasts can be found on Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts, iTunes, Castro, Castos, YouTube, Stitcher, Player.fm, Pocket Casts, and Simplecast. (RSS) 🎧