Welcome to the fifth episode of Post Status Get Hired podcast! In it, Cory Miller (CEO of Post Status) and Courtney Robertson (Web Designer and Developer Advocate at GoDaddy) discuss the many ways you can get involved in the WordPress community.
You'll learn how to get involved in networking opportunities like WordCamps and meetups, WordPress.org teams, and more.
🎙️ Every week Get Hired will help you discover careers in WordPress. Cory Miller and Courtney Robertson launched this podcast series to help anyone who wants to start or develop their career in the WordPress space. They will walk you through all the phases of job-seeking: figuring out what you really want to do in your career, identifying and acquiring the minimum skills and tools you need to master, how to start a project, and how to get involved in the WordPress community. 🐦 Follow @GetHiredWP!
Browse our archives, and don’t forget to subscribe via Castos or by RSS. 🎧
Topics Covered in This Episode of Get Hired:
- WordCamp 🏕️
- WordPress-adjacent Events like other web tech meetups and groups.
- Post Status — the community for WordPress professionals.
- Big Orange Heart — an international community for support of remote workers' mental health and well-being. 🧡
- Other Slack groups — Regional WordPress groups and WP-adjacent Slack channels or WP product businesses with Slack communities like Beaver Builder and WooCommerce. There are Slack groups for business owners, women, and BIPOC in WP.
- Social Media:
- Join groups
- Follow and listen to the people on Courtney's WordPressers list of WordPress people on Twitter.
- Share what you know. ♥️
About Courtney Robertson
Courtney Robertson is currently a Web Designer and Developer Advocate in the GoDaddy Pro team and the co-rep of the Make WordPress Training Team.
Courtney is driven by the desire to empower various schools, non-profit organizations, and businesses in the most unlikely places by training their students, staff, and business community in business and technology to impact their economy and quality of living. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging matter greatly to Courtney.
About Cory Miller
Cory Miller is a passionate entrepreneur who believes in finding and maintaining work happiness while challenging you to do great things with your life. In 2008, he started iThemes, a pioneer in building cutting-edge web design software and training, which he grew into a multi-million dollar enterprise, and sold to Liquid Web in 2018. In addition to being a regular leadership speaker, trainer and writer, he is the co-author of WordPress All-in-One for Dummies (Wiley, 2011).