Creativity Isn’t a Faucet
I’ve discovered that I can get very frustrated and even hard on myself when I can’t think of a new topic for an article or social post. And since I run social for several brands and write for multiple sites, that can feel scary. And it can make me feel like a bit of a loser, too.
But then I have to remind myself that creativity isn’t a tap that you can just turn on and off. Some days it will flow and others…well let’s just say it feels like being in a desert with no creativity oases anywhere in site.
And that’s fine. Sometimes. But it’s not fine long-term. And it’s not fine on a deadline.
Sometimes you have to draw ideas from others. Sometimes using AI. Sometimes research. Sometimes sitting and thinking over a cup of coffee.
And it’s OK if every blog post isn’t the Mona Lisa of blog posts. And it’s OK if every social post isn’t the Sistine Chapel of social media.
Just do the thing to the best of your ability. And be proud you worked through the slump. At least, that’s my take on it.
Join Us on Meetup
Join us for our Meetups! Details on our Meetups are available on our Meetup page.
- January Professionals Meetup 01/23
- January Product Owners Meetup 01/24
- January Agency Owners Meetup 01/25
- WordCamp Asia
- .Org Podcast: Episode 70: A Look Ahead at WordPress in 2024
- WPBuilds Podcast: This Week in WordPress #281
- Accessibility Craft Podcast: $2 Million Settlement Against Web Developer for Failing to Deliver Accessible Website | Surely Sparkling Rose
- WP Accessibility Day: Call for Organizers
- WCEU: Tickets are Available
- Post Status Blog: Why raise capital?
Photo of the Week
Today’s photo of the week comes from Kaushik Baroliya on WordPress Photos.