Do you ever look at a blank page in a notebook, on your blog, or even a blank day in your calendar and can’t figure out where to start?
It happens to all of us.
A blank canvas is a beautiful thing filled with so much potential. And yet, it can be so overwhelming thinking about failing in fulfilling it. What if what I write or do is a big fat fail?
The thing is, writing or doing something is better than writing or doing nothing.
But here are a few things to do to jumpstart your creativity:
- Ask a friend or colleague for ideas (it works!)
- Search social media for hot topics
- Ask ChatGPT for ideas about topics (I’m still learning how to do this well)
- Take a nap. Have a cup of coffee. Take a chat break with a friend. Walk around. Sometimes creativity follows.
- Be ok with some posts/days not outdoing or living up to others in your past.
- Believe that someone somewhere will gain something from what you share.
However you approach a blank canvas, don’t let it intimidate you. Just go for it!
Join Us on Meetup
Join us for our Meetups! Details on our Meetups are available on our Meetup page.
- January Professionals Meetup 01/23
- January Product Owners Meetup 01/24
- January Agency Owners Meetup 01/25
- WordCamp Asia
- Accessibility Craft: A Long Overdue Discussion on Accessibility Overlays | Paperback Capiche?
- WPwatercooler: EP472 – Does your WordPress Website Have an Expiration Date
- Post Status: Why is open source so very cool?
- WP Accessibility Day: Call for Organizers
- WCEU: Tickets are Available
Photo of the Week
Today’s photo of the week comes from Dennis Hipp on WordPress Photos.